Global Trainee Program
Who We Are
At Vale, we believe in innovation as a foundation for our development as we pursue our vision of becoming the leading natural resources company in the world.
Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, we are a leading producer of iron-ore, copper, cobalt and precious metals and the world’s largest nickel mining company. We aim to grow
profitably but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company.
Global Trainee Program – Global Trainee Canada
Global Trainees will contribute to Vale’s vision of becoming the world’s best mining company while working on impactful and meaningful projects. Over 12 months, you will have the opportunity to develop your career, advance your technical competencies and key leadership behaviours.
You will adopt a deeper understanding of our business by participating in job rotations, working on global and digital projects, and helping us construct a better future for all of us.
Who Are We Looking For?
The Global Trainee program welcomes all recent graduates. Whether your field is geology, engineering, information technology, human resources, operating, accounting or environment and sustainability, we have a place for you.
About the Program:
Vale Global Trainee Program is the beginning for those who want to work at one of the largest mining companies in the world. Throughout the 12-month program, trainees will participate in various projects and development opportunities, according to their areas of expertise and career path interests. Throughout their experience in the company, they are expected to learn about Vale's operations and develop their career paths, developing technical skills and key leadership behaviors.
Program characteristics include:
- Short-term job rotations in different areas (defined according to qualifications);
- Individual mentoring and coaching;
- Formal evaluation process with continuous feedback;
- Participation in global, digital, and multidisciplinary projects;
- Travel to the different operational areas of the company;
- Interaction with Global Trainees from various countries
- Access to content, tools, and initiatives to help with personal and career development
Knowledge and Skills:
- Completion of a university degree with graduation between July 2016 and May 2020
- Ability to travel and move temporarily to other cities and countries
- Alignment with Vale's values
- Effective and proven leadership skills
- Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction
For more information please visit vale.com/traineecanada