Global Trainee Program
18-months of learning, global rotations and career development.
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. Together. We value our workforce and strive to offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale Base Metals is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality nickel and an important producer of copper and responsibly sourced cobalt. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations in Newfoundland & Labrador, Ontario, Manitoba, UK, Indonesia, and Brazil, we are delivering the critical building blocks for a cleaner, greener future.
Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine the critical minerals that power electric vehicles, build renewable energy solutions, and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
We invite you to be part of our evolution.
We are currently seeking Global Trainees to join our Vale Team across various locations within Canada. These are permanent positions.
Global Trainees will contribute to Vale’s vision of becoming the world’s best mining company while working on impactful and meaningful projects. Over 18 months, you will have the opportunity to develop your career, advance your technical proficiencies and key leadership behaviours.
You will embrace a deeper understanding of our business by participating in job rotations, working on global and digital projects, and helping us construct a better future for all of us.
The Global Trainee Program
Vale’s Global Trainee Program is the beginning for those who want to work at one of the largest mining companies in the world. Throughout the 18-month program, trainees will participate in various projects and development opportunities, according to their areas of expertise and career path interests. Throughout their experience in the company, trainees are encouraged to learn about Vale's operations and develop their career paths, developing technical skills and key leadership behaviours.
The program Includes:
• Short-term job rotations in different areas (defined according to qualifications)
• Individual mentoring and coaching
• Formal evaluation process with continuous feedback
• Participation in global, digital, and multidisciplinary projects
• Travel to the different operational areas of the company
• Interaction with Global Trainees from various countries
• Access to content, tools, and initiatives to help with personal and career development
The Global Trainee program welcomes all recent graduates. Whether your field is geology, engineering, information technology, human resources, operating, accounting or environment and sustainability, we have a place for you.
• Completion of a university degree with graduation between May 2021 and May 2024
• No prior work experience is required. We appreciate that diversity of thought comes from our differences – and that is what makes us great!
• Effective and proven leadership skills
• Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally
• Outstanding teammate with ability to work independently with minimum direction
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, parental)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth.
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader.
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
Include to Transform
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are critical to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
Accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Apply by: Friday, October 27, 2023