FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES - Engineering Co-op Student
Want to work with leading technology?
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our Sudbury Operations have been in existence for more than 100 years. With five mines, a mill, a smelter, a refinery and nearly 4,000 employees it is also one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world. Sudbury is also home to several administrative sites serving both the Ontario Operations as well as all our North Atlantic Operations.
The various Engineering Teams are all integral for Vale’s short-term and long-term operating strategy and success.
For FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES, we are seeking Engineering or Science Co-op Students to join various Engineering Teams in the Sudbury Operations. These are fixed term positions, 4 to 12 months duration, starting in 2022.
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in an Engineering or Science University Co-op program
- Preference will be given to candidates who are in the final year of program and require a placement to graduate.
- Considering the following fields:
- Follow Vale’s Safety Policies, Programs and Legislative Standards
- Good written and oral communication skills; demonstrate open and clear dialogue in all aspects of work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 products; Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Develop skills and abilities related to the provision of engineering in Ontario
- Ensure compliance to the applicable laws, standards and guidelines
- Provide technical support to enable safe and efficient operations in an industrial plant, mine or production laboratory
How can Vale grow your career?
For FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES, the Engineering or Science Co-op Student position is an opportunity that will allow the right candidate to gain valuable experience, knowledge and be a part of shaping our mining operations. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Online training opportunities
- Participation in our Employee Family Assistance Program
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application online at www.valejobs.ca.
Last Day to Apply: October 31, 2021