Environmental Engineering Co-op Student
Who We Are
Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in overâ€¯â€¯30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our Sudbury Operations have been in existence for more than 100 years. With five mines, a mill, a smelter, a refinery and nearly 4,000 employees it is also one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world. Sudbury is also home to several administrative sites serving both the Ontario Operations as well as all our North Atlantic Operations.
Port Colborne is home to our Nickel Refinery where raw materials from our Sudbury operations are processed into electrocobalt and precious metals and serves as a distribution center for finished nickel products.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Engineering Co-op Student, 4 months to join our Environment Department, in September 2023.
Although previous experience in mining or an industrial setting is considered an asset, we also appreciate that diversity of thought comes from our differences – and that’s what makes us great!
Education & Experience:â€¯
- Education: Currently enrolled and in good standing in an Environmental Science, Sciences (Chemistry or Biology) at University or College level.
- Please include a university/college transcript(s) with your application
- Preference will be given to students in 3rd year or higher
- Chemistry / Biology / Environmental experience would be considered an asset.
Requirements & Accountabilities:
- performing environmental related audits for dust, waste management, landfill;
- complete monthly data entry for GRI submission for waste management;
- quarterly toxicity water testing;
- manage recycle warehouse depot and waste oil storage shed;
- review and update ventilation equipment data for site;
- participate and/or lead site environment initiatives where required;
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth
- Opportunities to build your network and lots of fun!
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Apply by: 26 May, 2023