EIT II - Mining
EIT II – Mining - Totten
Join Vale today. Continuously learn throughout your career.
Welcome to Vale. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. Together. We value our workforce and strive to offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale Base Metals is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality nickel and an important producer of copper and responsibly sourced cobalt. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations in Newfoundland & Labrador, Ontario, Manitoba, UK, Indonesia, and Brazil, we are delivering the critical building blocks for a cleaner, greener future.
The Port Colborne Refinery was commissioned 100 years ago on the shore of Lake Erie. Raw materials and finished products from Vale’s Sudbury and Newfoundland and Labrador operations are transported to Port Colborne for processing.
Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine the critical minerals that power electric vehicles, build renewable energy solutions, and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
We invite you to be part of our evolution.
The Totten Mine Technical Services Team is integral to the success of the operations in being a safe and reliable producer. We aim to plan the production, monitor, improve the performance of the Totten Mine operation through technical excellence.
We are currently seeking a EIT II Mining to join our Mines Technical Services Team at Totten Mine. This is a permanent position.
Accountabilities for the position include:
- Demonstrating an obsession with safety and risk management and meet the requirements of all applicable safety plans.
- Follow Vale’s Safety Policy and Legislative Standards.
- Develop skills and abilities related to the provision of engineering to Ontario Operations, maintaining a high level of professional conduct.
- Identify, analyze, recommend, and bring into action opportunities for safety, productivity, and cost improvements.
- Provide technical support to an existing team of geologists, mining engineers, and geotechnical engineers, performing both technical services execution support.
- Evaluating project options & assess their feasibility based on safety, cost impact, product quality & operations.
- Interfacing with operations and maintenance Teams, Process Engineering and Facilities Engineering to identify improvement opportunities.
- Engineering Degree in Mining is required.
- Must be eligible to register as an Engineer in Training with the Professional Engineering Association in Ontario (PEO).
- Minimum of 2 year of experience.
- Experience with engineering design software such as Deswik (training can be provided).
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Takes initiative and can self-direct to accomplish goals with minimum supervision.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary.
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances).
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental).
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth.
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Online training and career development opportunities.
Include to Transform
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves.
Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Pay Grade: F7T
Apply by: Friday, December 1, 2023