Assistant Coordinator, Academic Planning and Reviews
Working under the general direction of the Director, Academic Programs, Planning and Quality Assurance, and working closely to support the Coordinator, Academic Planning and Reviews, the Assistant Coordinator, Academic Planning and Reviews is responsible for supporting a wide-range of high-level and confidential activities related to the creation, review and closure of academic programs and units as part of the University of Toronto Quality Assurance Process which encompasses all undergraduate and graduate programs (more than 150) and 50-70 units at the University of Toronto. With a particular responsibility for contributing to the provision of expert advice relative to academic planning and reviews across the University. Key responsibilities include, contributing to the management of a large volume of complex correspondence for the Director, Academic Programs, Planning and Quality Assurance and the Vice-Provost, Academic Programs that is directly relevant to confidential strategic planning and decision-making around the delivery of academic programs, the selection of senior academic administrators, and faculty resource decisions; supporting the development and implementation of new policy initiatives involving assessment of the norms at peer institutions, analysis of existing policies, tracking and analyzing input from assessments of how these may be received by sectors of the community; and acting as a liaison with members of the Provost's Office at every level, senior academic administrators and staff across all Faculties, and with senior staff in external institutions including other Universities.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum three (3) years’ recent and related experience in a university environment. Experience in undergraduate and graduate program structures, standards, and expectations and/or governance and/or quality assurance required. Demonstrated experience presenting information and with project coordination.
Advanced analytical and computer skills - MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), E-mail (Outlook), electronic calendar organizer (e.g., Outlook), Adobe Acrobat Professional. Excellent demonstrated Internet-based research skills and website editing skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to synthesize large bodies of complex material accurately.
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects and see them to completion.
• Managing multiple deadlines.
• The ability to identify urgent matters of high importance.
• Ability to develop and deliver briefings on decisions, operational issues and reports.
• Good judgment about when to consult before taking action in sensitive situations must be applied regularly.
• Exercise accuracy and attention to detail with confidential information and correspondence.
• Exercise a high degree of sensitivity and discretion with confidential strategic and labour relations information.
PM 2 -- Hiring Zone: $69,167 - $80,694 -- Broadband Salary Range: $69,167 - $115,278