Analyst III - Data and Web Services
Analyst III – Data and Web Services
Temporary, full-time position (from November 15, 2018 to November 15, 2020) – Guelph, ON
Alumni Affairs and Development (AA&D) advances the mission of the University of Guelph by raising private support and building relationships with internal and external constituencies. As a Data and Web Services Analyst III, you will work collaboratively with project team members that are catalysts to the success of the Department.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Information Services, you will engage with University clients such as staff, faculty, students and alumni in order to review and document their data and web-based application requirements. Your 3 to 4 years’ experience working within an Information Systems department will have prepared you well to gain a clear understanding of the client’s business requirements at a directional and detailed granular level.
Your responsibilities as an Analyst III – Data and Web Services will include a variety of specific technologies and encompass:
- Understanding and support of various types of connectors between key technologies that include Blackbaud CRM 4.0, and BBIS, Blackbaud Luminate Online, Blackbaud Merchant Payment Services, Campus Call Phone-a-thon system software.
- Strong web development skills, specifically Drupal experience as the web content platform, to support AA&D communication and marketing efforts.
- Registration pages with payment options for Alumni and University-wide events using various technologies, including Blackbaud Internet Services (BBIS).
- Online donation forms using Blackbaud Luminate Online and BBIS.
- Support for a customized Blackbaud BBIS portal to support the business needs of the Ontario Veterinary College (OVC) Pet Trust program.
- Using CRM-based query tool and/or SQL Server management studio to deliver customer data based on ad-hoc data requests.
To assume the role of Analyst III – Data and Web Services, you must match technical skills with the ability to work in a collaborative and service-oriented team environment, and possess:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related field, and three (3) to four (4) years’ experience as an analyst, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A skill set that includes Accessibility Certification for AODA compliance.
- Project Management experience and ITIL training\certifications, strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of fundraising applications in a higher-education or not-for-profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise/CRM software, as well as Team Foundations from Visual Studio for change management tracking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- A proven history of analytical and troubleshooting ability to triage issues.
The University of Guelph (www.uoguelph.ca) is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive comprehensive institutions, with a record of outstanding scholarship in the arts, humanities, social sciences, life sciences, physical and engineering sciences, agriculture and veterinary sciences. This is your chance to join us in our endeavour to improve life.
To view a detailed posting for the role of Analyst III – Data and Web Services, please go to our website at www.uoguelph.ca/jobs. Applications, quoting Hiring #2018-0531, must be sent to: email@example.com. Closing date: Monday, November 19, 2018.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.