United Way serves the needs of our local community and ignites the desire in everyone to improve this community we call home. United Way is a recognized leader in the field of Social Purpose in Business. We have the proven expertise, connections and ability to bring together all of our partners, across industries and sectors, to bring about positive, lasting change in our community. It’s part of how we show our local love.
This role would provide part time, temporary administrative support for the Social Purpose Institute. The successful candidate will provide professional administrative support to ensure the clients of the Social Purpose Institute, including thought leaders and CEOs, have an engaging and meaningful experience in the program. Reporting to the Director of Social Innovation and Research, this position supports the Social Purpose Institute during a time of innovation and growth.
Hours will start at 20 hours per week with potential to move to 35 hours depending on the scope of projects and number of events running.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the support function for the department including the arrangement of meetings and appointments, preparation of minutes and agendas, composition of routine correspondence, and preparation of written materials and the collection and processing of
- Takes a proactive approach to recurring tasks by initiating the tasks, creating and maintaining a tracking system for workflow et
- Assists with the coordination of events, including the planning, execution and all related tasks.
- Provides administrative / technical support for activities that relate to departmental activities.
- Responds to inquiries from internal and external sources by providing information based on a knowledge and understanding of standard departmental guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Performs timely and accurate data entry for departmental activities, ensuring the CRM system can be relied on as the primary source for information.
- Creates and maintains standard documents, spreadsheets, presentations and databases using a variety of software programs and online data retrieval.
- Coordinates and participates in the production of various materials and may coordinate volunteers & stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigne
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High school supplemented by business and technology courses related to office administration.
- Minimum three years providing administrative support experience is required.
- Intermediate to expert level skill in the use of Microsoft Offic
- High attention to detail and ability to learn new systems and tool
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, are essential.
- Ability to develop & maintain positive relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to represent the dept. and organization in a professional, competent manne
- Ability to take initiative and work within a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and occasional access to a vehicle.
Please email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by November 22, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org