Admin Assistant, Labour Participation C-2018-25
United Way serves the needs of our local community and ignites the desire in everyone to improve this community we call home. The Labour/United Way Partnership allows both the Labour movement and the UWLM to channel their collective energies toward a common goal to address effectively community issues and needs, and helps ensure that there is a broad range of accessible, universal and high quality social services.
This role is responsible for coordinating and providing support for the Labour Participation Department on all projects and events.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Responsibility Area: Coordination of Events
- Work with the Director and CLC staff in planning and executing on a variety of events for the Labour department including
- Labour Community Advocate Training
- Labour Cabinet Meetings
- Labour Appreciation Event
Key Responsibility Area: Information
- Act as a resource to the Labour community on the work of the department and UWLM.
- Act as an information and referral resource to the Labour movement on community services.
- Share information on the Partnership between the Labour movement and United Way with the Labour community, United Way, community agencies and other stakeholders.
- Assists the Director with identifying future leaders, champions and volunteers.
Key Responsibility Area: Administration
- Assist the Director in ensuring the smooth operation of the department.
Key Responsibility Area: Staff Support
- Provide support to the Labour Committee of the Board, the Campaign Labour Committee, and other Labour committees. Arrange meetings, record and distribute minutes.
- Handles all departmental correspondence.
Will be required to work occasionally outside normal working hours/days.
Performs other duties as assigned.
See job description for full details.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School graduation supplemented by related labour-relations courses. Red seal acceptable.
- Knowledge of the structure and policy development in the labour movement. Demonstrated union-endorsed education an asset.
- Four years administrative experience with the ability to work with speed and accuracy under pressure with supervision.
- Trade Union experience would be an asset.
- Intermediate to expert level in the use of Microsoft Office Suite products including email and internet, at a simple to moderately complex level and using these tools to retrieve and maintain information in any United Way application/system.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet assigned objectives by adapting and modifying the sequence of work, methods and standards to meet changing controlling conditions.
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks and assignments at one time while balancing competing deadlines.
- Ability to execute projects with autonomy and utilize resources in an efficient, effective manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop/maintain positive relationships with a variety of individuals, including community leaders.
- Ability to represent the department & organization in a professional, competent manner.
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact & discretion in both internal and external interactions
- Must have the ability to attend external events and meetings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and occasional access to a vehicle.
Please email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by November 22, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org