Senior Product Marketing Manager
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
The Landspath Journey at Trupanion
Pets give us so much happiness and comfort. They deserve to live each day to the fullest. That’s why we stepped up to improve pets’ lives by feeding them high quality, portion-controlled food and in doing so could give pet owners more time with their best friends, both canine and feline.
Together, the pet experts at Trupanion and Rayne Nutrition created Landspath, a plan for individualized pet nutrition. It’s an approach rooted in research—proof that two extra years of happy, healthy life are possible. To make it happen, we are connecting veterinarians and pet owners on a journey grounded in purpose.
Landspath is the way forward. To better outcomes, more joy, and a thriving future.
This position is an entirely remote role open to candidates anywhere in Canada.
About the Role
Trupanion is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to develop a holistic, end-to-end marketing and growth roadmap for our new subscription food business, Landspath. The role needs a leader with experience developing marketing & product launch plans and nurture programs, generating revenue (preferably via subscriptions), retaining customers, writing communications, and managing social to take our business from launch to growth mode.
You’ll be the most familiar with what’s happening at every touchpoint for our customers.
This role will partner with the Landspath Product Leader as well as technology, product, operations, and marketing teams. This role requires someone who is comfortable with the unknown, constant change, and someone who can develop effective working relationships across teams.
The ideal candidate will be deeply passionate about physical and digital experiences and will constantly seek out new ideas and innovative ways for Landspath to connect with pets, pet owners, and veterinarians.
- Lead the creation, communication, and execution of marketing plans, strategies, and tactics
- Lead the development and management of customer journeys (pet, pet owner, veterinarian)
- Develop and plan content calendars and connections across all media channels
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine KPI’s to measure marketing performance
- Constantly refine and improve the experience customers have with our products (physical and digital)
- Conduct industry and market research in support of strategic recommendations
- Execute customer acquisition and engagement campaigns, from ideation through execution
- Conduct user research through surveys and focus groups
- Oversee UX for customers and hospitals (veterinarian)
- Continuously manage and monitor member and other user feedback to ensure all content is delivering against the required business objectives
- Bring an eye for design and the ability to provide creative direction
- 5-10 years developing and launching physical products and digital experiences (subscriptions preferred)
- Experience influencing and making marketing decisions
- Experience engaging and retaining customers
- Experience developing customer journeys and improving them over time with feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to write short messages and longer copy pieces (e.g. product descriptions, blogs)
- Ability to compose, take, and edit content for websites, marketing materials, and social platforms
- Passionate about a collaborative, fun, and impactful work environment
- Food experience desired but not required
- Love for pets required