Insurance Sales Broker
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for a self-motivated, charismatic Insurance Sales Agent or Broker to join our pet-loving company! If you enjoy the passion, energy, and sense that everyone is in it together, this may be the opportunity for you.
Your role is the heart and soul of Trupanion, and you love helping as many people and pets as possible. You provide support to customers who contact us about starting their pet’s medical insurance over the phone and through email and be there to assist current members. A successful candidate is a great listener and an out of the box problem solver who communicates effectively verbally and in writing. You’re comfortable navigating escalated customers and sensitive conversations with a focus on providing the best experience. You are empathetic and emotionally resilient.
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in Canada.
Please submit a cover letter with your application!
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a sales and/or customer service role
- Active license for the sale of property and casualty insurance in Alberta or Ontario required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for Success:
- Customer-Centric: passionate about providing a positive customer experience
- Critical thinking/ think creatively: the ability to assess, analyze, and tackle problems while handling complex situations.
- Patience/active listener: listens to truly hear their customer and their problems, and able to explain solutions in different ways until the customer understands.
- Emotional intelligence: ability to control outward emotions while handling interpersonal relationships with empathy.
- Emotional resilience: be aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post-interaction.
- Experience working in a Veterinary Clinic
- Licensed as an insurance agent in other Canadian provinces
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Employer-paid extended health coverage for you and your family
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five weeks, paid, sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Employer-paid medical insurance for one pet (cat or dog)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun work environment
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.