Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Ben is a Technology Manager in our IT Department. He is responsible for providing management oversight for activities within a highly complex, impactful, and global environment. Provides service-related input, review and management of work requests through engagement with customer representatives, service providers, service support representatives, and/or subject matter experts for highly complex service areas.
Ben's greatest leadership trait is his ability to not only embrace the unique talents on his diverse team, but also how he leverages them to drive business success. This makes him a collaborative leader who sets aside time to refresh and recharge those relationships. And he's a wiser leader for it.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Technology Manager , we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provide technical support and advice for new solution delivery projects
- Provide technical input into business unit technology roadmaps
- Design and implement solutions to enterprise-wide computing
- Work with vendors to build new capacity and optimize capacity
- Defines and manages to department priorities, policies, and procedures to ensure continuous process improvement
- Ensures that work is completed in a timely and cost effective manner, and conforms to the requirements and standards of practice within TJX IT
- May work as an Incident Owner in response to Service disruptions. If called upon, is expected to assume full ownership of incidents and drive to closure. Ensures all necessary parties are engaged in a timely manner. Can be counted upon to escalate when necessary and communicate when appropriate
- Acts as the initial point of contact for escalations from service consumers and other IT partners
- Defines and ensures compliance of standard operating procedures for area of responsibility
- Responsible for implementing, adhering to, and advocating for ITIL best practices in regards to Service Lifecycle, Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, and Continual Service Improvement
- Leads the evaluation of new 3rd party services. Monitors vendor performance against agreed SLAs, conducts reviews of service
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Solution Delivery Process (SDP). Reviews artifacts from SDP for Operational Readiness
- Assists in the preparation of estimates, design and operational support requirements, and technical solutions for projects of a more complex nature
- Manages medium to high complexity work requests to ensure they are correctly prioritized and actioned.
- Special projects and duties as required
- May be required to be "on-call"
- Additionally, may be directly responsible for the management of human capital. This includes:
- Assigning activities and work tasks
- Monitoring work progress
- Preparing annual staff goals and objectives
- Conducting performance and merit evaluation
- Providing career guidance, coaching, and general team development
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Advanced knowledge of practices within area of responsibility
- Team management and organization skills; ability to lead, motivate and direct a global workgroup
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to drive conversations across geographies and cross-functionally with IT management
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, demanding and fluid environment
- Ability to alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities
- Ability to manage conflict and hold people accountable
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced understanding of Cost Center Management (Expense and Capital
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.