Technical Engineer II - BILINGUAL
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Evan is a Technical Engineer II in our Systems North America Solution Delivery - Store Implementation Department. He is responsible for planning and coordinating the implementation of small to medium scale Store Implementation initiatives such as hardware upgrade project rollouts, new store installation/openings, relocations and renovations. Additional responsibilities include second level technical support, systems equipment logistics and coordination of third party vendors for all TJX Canada stores.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Evan. He loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Evan who push our creative limits. When Evan isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, he can be found in team huddles and scoring big with his soccer team on weekends. He just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Technical Engineer II, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Plans and coordinates the logistics and deployment of IT equipment, low voltage wiring, telephone systems, point of sale devices, sound systems, IP Camera equipment, and in store network in North American stores.
- Maintains and distributes project schedules to internal partners, 3rd party vendors and stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring issue logs are being accurately maintained during project roll-outs.
- Responsible for travelling to stores for pre and post implementation validation and to support high visibility events such as Grand Openings.
- Provides detailed reports regarding the status of each project to internal partners, stakeholders and Store Implementation management.
- Makes recommendations to management for project scope changes with regard to budget and risk.
- Attends project meetings and prepares meeting minutes and presentations.
- Maintains all project documentation and files accordingly.
- Tracks project success metrics. Ensures projects meet internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, timelines and strategy.
- Ensures incident tickets are resolved or actioned upon within a timely manner.
- Conducts troubleshooting to resolve issues over the phone prior to contacting a third party vendors.
- Ensures customer inquiries are responded to and resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Make recommendations and provide documentation to improve checklists used during first and second level help desk troubleshooting.
- Prepares purchase order requests.
- Validates invoices from project and support related services.
- Ensures adherence to all PCI standards, controls and legalities through constant re-engineering of security protocols via TJX Legal.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or related program.
- Technical experience (both hardware and software).
- Intermediate communication skills including both written and verbal (English and French bilingualism considered an asset).
- Computer skills including MS operating systems, MS Outlook email and MS Office 365.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is considered an asset.
- Intermediate project administration skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to multitask in the work place and adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- The ability to operate independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills such as resourcefulness and the ability to think in methodical, analytical and logical manner, including attention to detail.
- Intermediate problem solving and troubleshooting skills including the analysis of information.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.