Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Eva is a Tax Specialist in our Finance Department. She is responsible for performing all relevant duties pertaining to commodity tax, income tax, and Non-Resident Withholding tax and insurance.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Eva. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Eva who push our creative limits. When Eva isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Tax Specialist, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Prepare and file monthly commodity tax returns for all jurisdictions.
- Prepare monthly commodity tax general ledger reconciliations.
- Develop, maintain and monitor processes to ensure commodity taxes are accurately self-assessed on purchases including IT charges.
- Develop, maintain and monitor processes to ensure commodity taxes are properly charged by the POS system on all types of merchandise, and any commodity tax implications to changes in the merchandise structure or tax legislation are implemented immediately.
- Act as an internal resource to other departments for commodity tax queries.
- Assist the TJX Tax Department in managing income taxes (both federal and provincial), including the preparation, collection of required information, execution of tax payments and all applicable journal entries.
- Support the filing of income tax returns (prepared by TJX Tax Department).
- Point person for income and commodity tax auditors, and ensuring proper documentation is maintained on the audit.
- Manage any tax recovery initiatives by partnering and provide oversight with the company's commodity tax consultant
- Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley legislative requirements as it applies to commodity taxation.
- Prepare and submits Non-Resident Withholding Tax payments and annual returns.
- Point person for all insurance related matters including assisting TJX Risk Management Department in the renewal process and all insurance related accounting and analysis.
- Prepare and file annual Environmental Stewardship (Eco fees) returns for all jurisdictions.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post –Secondary education in related field (e.g. tax / Accounting).
- Working towards business related designation e.g. CPA, CFA, MBA.
- Detail knowledge of commodity and income tax legislation.
- Experience as a government commodity tax auditor.
- Experience as a government income tax auditor is an asset.
- Advance knowledge of and ability to apply the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Problem solving skills including analysis of information and research skills.
- Communication skills including facilitation skills, verbal skills (dealing with income and commodity tax auditors); and written (reports, memos, follow-ups, etc.).
- Organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills including word processing applications, advanced spreadsheet (MS Excel), ERP Financial package, with preference to Lawson, ad hoc report writers (Monarch etc.) and e-mail.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.