Systems Finance & Administrator Coordinator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Systems Finance & Administrator Coordinators, Nathaniel processes telecommunications invoices, freight invoices, and expense reports for the Systems department, as well as ordering store phone lines, administering long-distance access, teleconference, calling cards, pagers, and Telus cell phones. He also assists in the preparation of the telecommunication budget and the submission of the monthly and quarterly financial reports as required by our Finance department.
Of course, he is tremendously skilled when it comes to preparation. We think it has something to do with the fact that he's an avid parachuter, where preparation is the name of the game.
That's what makes him Nathaniel. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Nathaniel, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Systems Finance & Administrator Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Code and log all telecommunication invoices, freight invoices, and expense reports for the Systems department in a timely manner
- Assign and provide support for long-distance codes, teleconferencing access and calling cards for store, Distribution Centre, and Home Office Associates; also, update user information in spreadsheets and reconcile with corresponding invoices
- Activate, program, and provide support for pagers and Telus cell phones, and liaise with third-party vendors to ensure that activations, repairs, or replacements are completed in a timely manner
- Order phone lines for new and relocation stores and update store listing as required
- Maintain and update asset-tracking spreadsheets for store phone lines, Point of Sale equipment, VSAT, etc.; also, reconcile our inventory with invoices on a regular basis and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Obtain signatures on telecommunication invoices, expense reports, and freight invoices, and deliver signed invoices to the Expenses Payable Department in a timely manner
- Assist in preparing the telecommunication budget in the Systems department
- Assist in updating the Systems Rolling Plans for the Telecommunication GL codes
- Assist in completing the month-end variance analysis and quarterly expense review meetings
- Assist in coding and validating the TJX inter-company charge backs and follow up with our Finance department and TJX Resource Management Group
- Assist in the our year-end process by contacting vendors and reconciling open Purchase Orders and unpaid invoices
- Assist in the negotiation of telecommunication contracts in the Systems department by validating contracts terms, rates, inventory, store count, etc.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the Contracts Binder within the Systems department and alerting management of upcoming renewals; provide relevant contract information to Systems management or audit groups in a timely manner
- Act as an administrative backup to Artemis administration, submission of payroll timesheets, distribution of mail, expense, and payroll cheques, ordering office supplies, filing, scheduling meetings, answering phones, and miscellaneous tasks as assigned
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've done enough mental heavy lifting to earn your three-year college diploma in Business Finance
- You have a strong understanding of accounting principles and financial statements, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You possess working knowledge of TM1 (or a similar database) to prepare Capital budget and develop various Financial reports
- You have working knowledge of financial systems (e.g. Lawson) to analyze and prepare financial reports, as well as strong computer skills that include advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Lotus Notes
- You have knowledge of Telus N1 software, Bell Online Manager, or similar telecommunication invoice-processing tools or applications
- If you have a retail or chain-store background, that would be an asset
- You have strong organizational and communication skills
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.