Systems Finance & Administration Coord (Co-op May 2019)
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Damian is a Systems Finance and Administration Co-op in our Systems Department. He is responsible for processing stores, corporate and DC invoices, freight invoices and expense reports for the Systems department, as well as purchase order (PO) creation. The candidate will also be performing financial analysis as well as some planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
When Damian first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Damian is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Damian joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Damian. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Systems finance and Administration Co-op we'd ask you to do the following:
- Process IT corporate, stores and DC invoice and submitting to Expense Payables in a timely manner
- Provide support to vendors in following up on payment inquiries
- Maintains and updates the PO tracking tool to ensure accuracy and completion
- Assists in preparing the fiscal year IT budgets for corporate, stores and DC
- Assists in updating the Rolling Plans for IT capital and expense budgets
- Assists in completing the month end variance analysis and quarterly expense review meetings
- Assists in creating financial analysis for various inquiries by the management team
- Reaches out to vendors for quotations for services/goods needed by the IT team
- Creates Purchase Orders for IT equipment orders
- Assist in updating and maintaining the contracts repository within the Systems department and alerting management of upcoming renewals. Provide relevant contract information to Systems management or audit groups in a timely manner.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in the current process
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges.
- One to three years' experience in Business Finance
- Understanding of accounting principles and financial statements.
- Working knowledge of Financial system (e.g. Lawson/Oracle) to analyze and prepare financial reports an asset
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Retail or chain store background an asset.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.