Store Manager, Marshalls New Store, St.Vital, Winnipeg
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
James is a Store Manager. He is responsible for the total operations of the store including: merchandise and presentation standards, operational standards and functions such as backroom, service areas, IBI, markdowns and cash office. This position manages store operations including recruiting, hiring, training and Associate development. The Store Manager is responsible to deliver results in sales, expense control, shrink reduction and overall profit and loss.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. James recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like James. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, James's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know James, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create an environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinator and Management through leadership, commitment and strong communication.
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Management team, Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions to Assistant Managers if required.
- Create and maintain a positive environment.
- Validate "Great Place to Work" initiatives are in place.
- Empower your Assistant Managers by having them facilitate portions of store visit walkthroughs that are applicable to their area of expertise if they are in during the visit.
- Review Recruitment Forecast Worksheet * with the AM of Operations or the AM of Customer Service and Operations to ensure the right store structure is in place.
- Create and execute an effective annual People Plan * that supports growth and review with your District Manager.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans * for self, all Managers and Coordinators.
- Prepare and conduct Assistant Managers evaluations and review all hourly store Associate evaluations.
- Identify, evaluate and resolves Associate and Management issues.
- Maintain and support company values, leadership competencies and cultural factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Execute and support terminations according to company policy and procedures.
- Conduct weekly meetings with all Assistant Managers and Coordinators to set goals, provide direction, coaching and leadership. Refer to Management Meeting Guide * .
- Make & communicate strategic decisions by identifying, communicating and creating action plans for; upcoming projects, targets, priorities, company initiatives, events, promotions or any other store initiatives that require forward planning.
- Manage store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues.
- Conduct walkthroughs with the respective Assistant Managers to identify and determine opportunities or trends to drive sales. Have the Assistant Managers lead the conversation and provide coaching and support when required.
- Support changes to merchandising guidelines and floor flexing to generate sales or meet inventory needs.
- Identify and communicate recommendations to DM and/or Business Development on merchandise mix, inventory levels and customer demographics and/or when sales have been impacted due to cannibalization, market or competition changes.
- Periodically complete a competition analysis of other retailers pricing, presentation and customer service.
- Adhere to all TJX policies and procedures.
- Validate CRT's * assigned are completed to standard.
- Execution all policies and procedures to reduce risk and expense, example; following store opening and closing procedures.
- Execute Master Store Tour * weekly on Mondays and discuss assignments during management meetings.
- Store execution of (including report analysis, validating program meetings, conducting walk-throughs, audits, etc.) all TJX Canada programs.
- Accountable to deliver established store targets and goals.
- Analyze and communicate to Management team actual store payroll and controllable expenses against store budgets and make appropriate adjustments and/or decisions.
- Conduct walkthroughs with external cleaning company and ensure standards are met prior to signing off the cleaning sheet. Escalates any issues to the maintenance department.
- Provide Customer Satisfaction results (successes and challenges) to all Associates and share action plans for maintaining a high level of Customer Service. Utilize Customer Response Management tools to identify areas of opportunity and create action plans with the AM of Customer Service or the AM of Customer Service/Operations as required.
- Support and execute the Joy Project * to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Participate and lead the effective execution of the Manager On Duty (MOD) program *.
- Accountable to achieve established customer service metrics.
- Provide leadership to Assistant Managers and Associates on delivering excellent customer service.
- Identify business opportunities through communication with customers and recommend changes that are appropriate to your District Manager.
- Adhere to all TJX policies and procedures and guide execution that impact customers in a respectful and friendly manner.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
- 5 years minimum in a leadership capacity
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.