Store Manager, Marshalls, Polo Park
Your surprise is waiting! Come check out the opportunities at Marshalls, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. Marshalls delivers customers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashions at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices on comparable merchandise, every day. The only thing better than shopping at Marshalls is working at Marshalls!
You can also feel good knowing that Marshalls is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the largest off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. In addition to Marshalls, TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Phillipe is a Store Manager here at TJX Canada. He is responsible for overseeing and executing merchandise and presentation standards, operational standards and functions such as backroom, service areas, IBI, markdowns and cash office. In addition, Phillipe manages store operations including recruiting, hiring, training and Associate development. He is effective as he delivers results in sales, expense control, shrink reduction and overall profit and loss.
What is the secret to great leadership? Phillipe says it's collaboration. He believes that a team is greater than the sum of its parts. He's built a highly diverse team that ambitiously pursues their goals. And we have a funny feeling we know where they learned such behavior. That's the thing about great leaders. People follow in their footsteps.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Managers we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create an environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinator and Management through leadership, commitment and strong communication.
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Management team, Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions to Assistant Managers if required.
- Validate "Great Place to Work" initiatives are in place.
- Empower your Assistant Managers by having them facilitate portions of store visit walkthroughs that are applicable to their area of expertise if they are in during the visit.
- Review Recruitment Forecast Worksheet with the AM of Operations or the AM of Customer Service and Operations to ensure the right store structure is in place.
- Create and execute an effective annual People Plan that supports growth and review with your District Manager.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans for self, all Managers and Coordinators.
- Prepare and conduct Assistant Managers evaluations and review all hourly store Associate evaluations.
- Identify, evaluate and resolves Associate and Management issues.
- Maintain and support company values, leadership competencies and cultural factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Execute and support terminations according to company policy and procedures
- Conduct weekly meetings with all Assistant Managers and Coordinators to set goals, provide direction, coaching and leadership.
- Make & communicate strategic decisions by identifying, communicating and creating action plans for; upcoming projects, targets, priorities, company initiatives, events, promotions or any other store initiatives that require forward planning.
- Manage store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues.
- Conduct walkthroughs with the respective Assistant Managers to identify and determine opportunities or trends to drive sales. Have the Assistant Managers lead the conversation and provide coaching and support when required.
- Support changes to merchandising guidelines and floor flexing to generate sales or meet inventory needs.
- Identify and communicate recommendations to DM and/or Business Development on merchandise mix, inventory levels and customer demographics and/or when sales have been impacted due to cannibalization, market or competition changes.
- Periodically complete a competition analysis of other retailers pricing, presentation and customer service.
- Execution all policies and procedures to reduce risk and expense, example; following store opening and closing procedures.
- Execute Master Store Tour weekly on Mondays and discuss assignments during management meetings.
- Store execution of (including report analysis, validating program meetings, conducting walk-throughs, audits, etc.) all TJX Canada programs.
- Accountable to deliver established store targets and goals.
- Analyze and communicate to Management team actual store payroll and controllable expenses against store budgets and make appropriate adjustments and/or decisions.
- Conduct walkthroughs with external cleaning company and ensure standards are met prior to signing off the cleaning sheet. Escalates any issues to the maintenance department.
- Provide Customer Satisfaction results (successes and challenges) to all Associates and share action plans for maintaining a high level of Customer Service. Utilize Customer Response Management tools to identify areas of opportunity and create action plans with the AM of Customer Service or the AM of Customer Service/Operations as required.
- Support and execute the Joy Project to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Participate and lead the effective execution of the Manager On Duty (MOD) program
- Accountable to achieve established customer service metrics.
- Provide leadership to Assistant Managers and Associates on delivering excellent customer service.
- Identify business opportunities through communication with customers and recommend changes that are appropriate to your District Manager
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
- 5 years minimum in a leadership capacity
- Directly responsible for sales of $8M to $20M+
- Responsible for up to 80 Associates
What's In It For You?
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Winnipeg || MB