Store Management Co-op - Montreal (Jan - Apr 2023)
Then you’re ready to Discover Different! Through the Retail Store Management Co-op you will get hands on exposure to store operations, merchandising, customer service and a deep understanding of the off-price business model.
Jenna is an outgoing “people person” and collaborating with co-workers to meet customers’ needs is what makes working here so fulfilling. We want our Associates to have fun when they come to work and fostering relationships helps that happen!
What you’ll discover
Eligible Associates can look forward to:
- One-of-a-kind, inclusive culture
- Dedicated training and on-the-job resources to enhance your development
- Merchandise discount for yourself and eligible family members at all TJX Canada stores
- Associate and Family Assistance Program to support healthy living
What you’ll do
It’s safe to say, there’s no shortage of variety in what we do. Here are some key responsibilities of the role:
- Under the guidance of a Store Manager/Field Training Manager/District Manager, you will be completing a formal on the job training program to develop Store Management skills by rotating in merchandising, backroom, customer service, Item by Item (IBI), markdowns and cash office to support store sales, expense, shrink (losses), damages and customer service targets
- Learning and developing knowledge and skills related to store sales, expense, payroll budget, shrink targets, customer service metrics, TJX Canada programs and store operational procedures and policies
- Supporting assigned area of store operations that may include merchandising and presentation, frontline, fitting rooms, jewelry, maintenance, cash office, markdowns, administration, scheduling, shipping and receiving
- Supporting execution of store action plans with Store Management teams on upcoming projects, targets, priorities, company initiatives, events, promotions or any other store initiatives; support implementation of changes to Store floor plans as needed
- Assisting and providing support with recruitment (interviewing, hiring), onboarding, training (policies and procedures), coaching, mentoring, and acting as a role model on delivering positive Associate and customer experience in Store
To begin your career with us, you’ll have:
- Pursuing a College Diploma or University degree (must be currently enrolled in a co-op program)
- Fully bilingual; proficient written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Problem solving and customer service skills with the ability to make decisions and prioritize activities and resources in a store environment
- Good business analytical skills and the ability to understand and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to aid in effective decision-making
- Interpersonal abilities to perform effectively in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing needs of the business, and changing priorities
This position is open to current students enrolled in post-secondary education/co-op program. The co-op placement store location will be determined based on candidate location; students must be available to work full-time for the January – April 2023 Term.