Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Santiago is a Store Investigator in our Loss Prevention Department. He is responsible detecting and apprehending people or persons committing theft and fraud against WMI stores and facilitates their civil and criminal prosecution. This position will also investigate, identify and report issues regarding external theft and shrink causing issues affecting WMI stores and develop effective partnerships with other Loss Prevention members, Store Management and outside agencies, including the Police.
When Santiago first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Santiago is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Santiago joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Santiago. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Investigators , we'd ask you to do the following:
- Detect and apprehend people or persons committing theft and fraud against WMI stores and facilitate their civil and criminal prosecution.
- Complete the prosecution process: report to police, case reports, attend court and testify as required.
- Report alert signals indicating possible internal dishonesty to the appropriate members of Loss Prevention.
- Investigate, identify and report issues regarding external theft and shrink causing issues affecting WMI stores, to the appropriate members of Loss Prevention.
- Develop effective partnerships with other Loss Prevention members, store management and outside agencies including the Police.
- Dissemination of appropriate intelligence to LP and stores via Supervisor.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- High School Diploma minimum, Law and Security/Loss Prevention Diploma preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of retail Loss Prevention experience acting as a Store Investigator or equivalent.
- A provincial security license is required to be employed in this position (some provinces). As required by law, the applicant must be currently licensed under the applicable provincial statute and regulation prior to commencement of employment. Maintaining that license is also a requirement of employment as long as it is legally required.
- Proven success in resolving external theft and fraud issues.
- Strong working knowledge of Criminal Code and its application relating to crimes in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of retail concepts.
- Strong written report ability.
- Background screening prior to hire.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Professional, friendly and approachable demeanor.
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and access to a vehicle.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.