Store Investigator - Toronto
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Santiago is a Store Investigator in our Loss Prevention Department. He is responsible detecting and apprehending people or persons committing theft and fraud against WMI stores and facilitates their civil and criminal prosecution. This position will also investigate, identify and report issues regarding external theft and shrink causing issues affecting WMI stores and develop effective partnerships with other Loss Prevention members, Store Management and outside agencies, including the Police.
When Santiago first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Santiago is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Santiago joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Santiago. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Investigators , we'd ask you to do the following:
- Detect and apprehend people or persons committing theft and fraud against WMI stores and facilitate their civil and criminal prosecution.
- Complete the prosecution process: report to police, case reports, attend court and testify as required.
- Report alert signals indicating possible internal dishonesty to the appropriate members of Loss Prevention.
- Investigate, identify and report issues regarding external theft and shrink causing issues affecting WMI stores, to the appropriate members of Loss Prevention.
- Develop effective partnerships with other Loss Prevention members, store management and outside agencies including the Police.
- Dissemination of appropriate intelligence to LP and stores via Supervisor.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you.
But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges.
- High School Diploma minimum, Law and Security/Loss Prevention Diploma preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of retail Loss Prevention experience acting as a Store Investigator or equivalent.
- A provincial security license is required to be employed in this position (some provinces). As required by law, the applicant must be currently licensed under the applicable provincial statute and regulation prior to commencement of employment. Maintaining that license is also a requirement of employment as long as it is legally required.
- Proven success in resolving external theft and fraud issues.
- Strong working knowledge of Criminal Code and its application relating to crimes in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of retail concepts.
- Strong written report ability.
- Background screening prior to hire.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Professional, friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and access to a vehicle.
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.