Store Coordinator, Full time, Homesense, Robson Street, Downtown, Vancouver
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team?
TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX’s retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States; TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Ross is one of our Merchandise Processing Coordinators. He’s responsible for coordinating the smooth and timely movement of merchandise from the back room to the sales floor, as well as for maintaining the standards – both operational and presentational – of the sales floor. He’s got a great understanding of retail operations, but more than that, he’s got a keen sense of seasonal fashion-trends. In short, his ability to manage the inventory of his store is nothing less than supernatural.
Of course, he sometimes confuses his left with his right.
But still, this is Ross. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you’ll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can’t do it all ourselves. You’ll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Ross, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Processing Coordinators, we’d ask you to do the following:
- Understand and be knowledgeable of BEST operational standards and monitor backroom performance and execution against these standards
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to receiving, processing, layout and organization of the backroom and overall backroom compliance
- Review weekly MAP and CommPak and support communication of change to backroom policies and/or procedures
- In conjunction with the AM Merchandise, incorporate sales information to drive backroom activities (i.e. prioritize the processing of ad/event/seasonal merchandise; anticipate back stock requirements; etc.)
- Be present for the truck receipt and processing
- Train Associates on receiving and processing, BEST operational methods and procedures, backroom maintenance and fixture storage, etc.
- Work with our AM of Merchandise and our Merchandise Coordinators to set priorities for processing to expedite the flow of merchandise to the sales floor
- Training and developing Associates in the backroom and provide customer service for both internal and external customers
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let’s hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there’s a good chance this job isn’t for you. But if it does sound right for you, here’s why we know you’ll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have two years of relevant experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You possess strong knowledge of merchandise processing and general knowledge of merchandising and merchandise-flow management, including an understanding of the Company’s policies and practices
- You have strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and active-listening skills
- Your customer-service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to Associate inquiries, identifying stated and unstated customer needs, building relationships with Associates, resolving problems that might arise, and referring complex issues to Management
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.