Source to Pay Operations Specialist
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Dale is one of our Source to Pay Operations Specialists. He's responsible for supporting management and business in the implementation, execution, and reporting of transactional procure to pay functions.
When Dale first came on board, he already had a few years of experience in procurement and a bachelor's degree in finance. But you may be interested to know that he started out as a theater major. He says you would be surprised by how much analytical skill is needed in the technical world of stage lighting. We're just glad he puts his talent in data analysis to use with us.
This is Dale. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Dale, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Source to Pay Operations Specialists, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Support management and business in the implementation, execution, and reporting of transactional procure to pay best practices.
- Use acquired expertise in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications, such as Oracle or Lawson, and procurement suite modules (sourcing, contracts, core purchasing, catalogues, inventory, etc.) to make improvements in efficiency.
- Support business in implementing "No PO. No Pay." preferred route ordering solutions in collaboration with Account/Expense Payable and IT to achieve 100% electronic transactions for the regional source to pay process, including receipting.
- Support event transition and implementation of procure to pay solutions for all non-merchandise purchasing of goods and services through electronic transactions.
- Determine transaction methods for sourcing managers and business partners.
- Maintain procure to pay compliance reporting for our internal and external business partners.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of catalogs (vendor and internal) with timely and accurate data.
- Execute assigned catalog and non-catalog requisitions produced by the Oracle iProcurement module.
- Provide analysis on supplier financial viability based on statements and ratios.
- Evaluate overall supplier strengths and weaknesses in meeting business needs.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have a bachelor's degree.
- You have four years of experience in sourcing, procurement, supply management or related; and three years of experience in financial planning/budget analysis, management consulting or a directly related field.
- Your knowledge of Oracle or alternative ERP procurement modules is an asset.
- You implement procure to pay best practices, theory, and methodology.
- You have strong change management and project management skills.
- You have a strong command of data analysis.
- You are results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- You work well under pressure and focus on meeting deadlines.
- You are team-oriented and flexible.
- You must be able to work and communicate with all levels of management.
- You have excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal).
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.