Solution Developer II
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Andrea is a Solution Developer - SharePoint in our Systems Department. She is responsible for TJX SharePoint development standards, processes and development environments, recommending options for continuous improvement of solutions delivery process including architectural design for Team Site development and custom SharePoint development.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Andrea. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Andrea who push our creative limits. When Andrea isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Solution Developers - SharePoint, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Interact directly with the business to identify requirements, demonstrate progress, and showcase newly developed functionality.
- Be an active member of development scrum team, participating in scrum meetings, sizing meetings, sprint reviews, and sprint planning sessions.
- Provide estimates for SharePoint-related development efforts.
- Assist the operations team in the deployment of Team Site packages.
- Perform programming, COTS configuration, code analysis and review, and develops and executes unit/integration tests.
- Set up batch jobs, creates test data, supports non-production labs, all at a medium to high level of complexity.
- Create and review Detailed Technical Specifications and performs the review of Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity. Provides technical approval of Technical Design for tasks of low to medium level of complexity.
- Consult on the estimates, design preparation and operational support escalations for small to medium tasks of medium to high level of complexity.
- Prepare Production Readiness documentation for implementations of low to medium level of complexity.
- Act in Development Lead capacity for small to medium initiatives, prioritizing and assigning project tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues. Reports status to Project Manager and interfaces with other domains, IT areas and 3rd party vendors as needed.
- Actively participate in Solution Development process definitions and development of Solution Development best practices and standards.
- Contribute to new technology, vendor package and tool road mapping, evaluation and introduction.
- Contribute to defining and enforcing the source control and release management processes and standards.
- Ensures compliance with Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability and Supportability standards and policies and provides Monitoring recommendations for tasks of low to medium level of complexity.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- 6 years in IT, specifically in the technical design, development and implementation or support of business systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
- SharePoint Online.
- Experience Developing Applications using ASP.NET MVC and .NET Web API Frameworks
- Experience Developing .NET Applications reading and writing from Active Directory.
- Experience Developing Windows Service and Console Applications using Task API etc.
- IIS 7.5 Deployment and Configuration Experience including Security best practices.
- Experience Designing tables, Writing complex SQL Queries and Stored procedures.
- Source Control - TFS, Visual Studio Online.
- Cross Functional Team Interaction with Project Manager, Business Analysts, QA, Infrastructure, etc.
- Creating Technical Documentation - Design Diagrams, Technical Specifications, etc.
- Experience using Waterfall and Agile Methodologies - Scrum.
- Proficient in one or more of the following areas: database concepts, multi-tier/multi-platform application development, distributed processing, open source, business service - SOA/ SCA, mainframe application development, object oriented programming concepts, vendor package configuration, understanding of systems design, batch job scheduling.
- Proficient with various testing concepts and debugging tools.
- Requires a highly developed level of technical expertise.
- Requires thorough understanding and a working knowledge of the systems development life cycle including complementary software development methods such as software prototyping, JAD, RAD and software development methods based on iterative and incremental development such as Agile.
- Good verbal and written technical communication skills.
- Able to collaborate within the team.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in the design and implementation of applications and systems of low to medium level of complexity.
- Able to adapt easily to changing requirements and priorities.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.