Solution Developer II
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Kingsley is one of our Solution Developers II. He's responsible for the technical support of various business applications and end-users. He acts as a liaison between Home Office and the Global Production teams. He ensures prompt resolution of business application issues and smooth delivery of business requests.
On the weekends, Kingsley volunteers his web development services for various non-profit organizations in the community. With the amount of technical knowledge that he brings to the table, he may as well be a one-man web development department. We love that he puts his passion to work-in more ways than one.
This is Kingsley. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Kingsley, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Solution Developers II, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Be responsible for Project & Portfolio Management Tool PPM (Clarizen) and ServiceNow development.
- Provide input for development standards, processes, and development environments.
- Recommend options for continuous improvement of solutions delivery process.
- Provide solutions and designs to business processes.
- Deliver estimates for efficient development efforts for PPM and ServiceNow.
- Interact directly with the Business Community and/or Business Analyst to identify requirements, demonstrate progress, and showcase newly developed functionality.
- Be an active member of development Scrum meetings.
- Perform programming, COTS configuration, code analysis and review, and execute unit/integration tests.
- Set up batch jobs, create test data, and support non-production labs, all at a low to medium level of complexity.
- Assist with the review of technical design and preparation of detailed technical specifications for small tasks of low to medium level of complexity.
- Consult on the estimates, design preparation, and operational support escalations for small tasks of low to medium level of complexity.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have three years of experience in IT, specifically in the technical design, development, and implementation or support of business systems.
- You have a bachelor's degree in software development, computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- You must have project and program knowledge - PPM Clarizen.
- You are a certified ServiceNow Implementation Specialist and ServiceNow Administrator.
- You know Project Management methodology and SDLCs for various IT projects.
- You can customize the Clarizen tool and integrate with JIRA.
- You can create enterprise-level status reports out of Clarizen.
- You understand ServiceNow Development Platform, including ITSM, CMDB, asset change, HR, custom development, agile, and field services.
- You have the ability to diagnose complex issues and recommend improvements.
- You have experience using waterfall and agile methodologies like Scrum.
- You enjoy cross-functional team interaction with Project Managers, Business Analysts, QA, and Infrastructure.
- You can create technical documentation: design diagrams and technical specifications.
- You have knowledge of testing concepts and debugging tools.
- You demonstrate excellent analytical and system specification skills.
- You have a thorough understanding of the systems development life cycle.
- You have strong verbal and written technical communication skills.
- You are able to collaborate within the team.
- You have a positive, employee-focused attitude and superior customer service.
- You must be motivated, independent, and self-sufficient.
- You are able to adapt easily to changing requirements and priorities.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.