Social Media Supervisor, HomeSense & Tri-brand
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Payton is a Social Media Supervisor in our Marketing Department. She is responsible for managing the day to day execution of HomeSense/Tri Brand social media strategy and campaigns including keeping abreast of industry and competitive trends in the social media space to support brand programs, reaffirm brand identities and grow our social media communities.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work?
We believe it's having individuals like Payton on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Payton contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Social Media Supervisors, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Manages day to day execution of social media programs across all platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest
- Plans, develops and manages monthly editorial calendar, tri-branded content (Holiday, Loyalty, Pride, Chinese New Year etc.) including asset sourcing/development, copywriting, implementing customer engagement and acquisition best practices, and scheduling
- Supports managing external creative partners to ensure they maintain brand standards and deliver against program objectives; monitor, moderate and administer brand programs across all social media platforms
- Monitors competitive landscape, keeping up to date on latest developments in the social media space, analyze and report findings to leverage and support the design and development of social media programs ensuring alignment with current industry trends and business needs
- Key contact for social influencer marketing management including building relationships with key partners, vetting and managing new integration opportunities, and keeping abreast of changes in the market
- Liaises with the Brand marketing teams and other internal stakeholders (including Customer Service, PR, Community Relations, HR and Systems) to provide social media support to meet business objectives
- Liaises with legal team and systems to create rules and regulations for brand contests; implementing all contest fulfillment
- Contributes to monthly administration and reconciliation of Social Media budget including invoicing and gift cards
- Provides direction, advice and guidance to team members on day to day key activities, mentors, trains, and is a resource to answer questions and discuss best practices
- Assists and/or participates on annual and special projects e.g. compiling social media statistics/results to review and inform future programs
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications or Advertising
- 4 to 6 years social media and/digital marketing experience, including working with creative and paid media
- Knowledge of social media channel best practices with strong understanding of Facebook and Instagram (Publisher, Insights and Business Manager), Twitter (Ads Manager, Analytics), Pinterest (Ads, Analytics), Youtube (Video Manager) essential
- Excellent technical/project management skills and an understanding of the customer experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the Canadian marketplace and Canadian online behavior, including regional segments (Quebec, East, West)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ability to read, write, communicate and interpret information accurately; exceptional online copywriting skills with experience in writing for online communities; have an active presence on social communities; bilingualism an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to implement and manage details, prioritize, time manage and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under time pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills including developing and building relationships with internal and external partners / team members
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft applications; strong PhotoShop, Excel and PowerPoint skills an asset
- Experience working with Hootsuite, Social Bakers, Planoly, Stackla an asset
- Resourceful self-starter, with a strong work ethic, who can analyze complex problems quickly and methodically
- Experience creating exceptional content and overseeing photo shoot/content development
- Passion for home in the online space
- Willingness to work non-standard business hours
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.