Shipping - General Warehouse Associate - Mississauga & Brampton
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
When Ankur first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Ankur is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer.
If it weren't for individuals like Ankur joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Ankur. We couldn't be us without you.
Ankur is a General Warehouse Associate in our Shipping Department. He is responsible for merchandise flow through the Distribution Centre and for preparing merchandise for shipment to the appropriate stores.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our General Warehouse Associate in our Shipping Department, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Responsible for retrieving applicable pallets from staging area(s) for first (or only) stores to be loaded and transport directly into appropriate container on the shipping dock.
- Maximize cube and shipment volume, load applicable merchandise on container, methodically (depending upon carton and/or pallet configuration/type) efficiently.
- Stack cartons from floor to ceiling, interlocking cartons with each lower row (heavier cartons should be used to form the base, with lighter cartons used to build the "wall");
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges.
- Communication skills to gather information and interact effectively with Associates, Supervisors, truck drivers etc.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency when working with merchandise
- Time management skills to effectively meet deadlines
- Able to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.