Senior Project Coordinator
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Tyrone is a Senior Project Coordinator - Construction in our Property Development. He is responsible for coordinating all related project activities and deliverables. Identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects and monitors progress against plan. Manages small projects or phases of a larger project. Provides support to Project Managers and the Manager of Construction on projects and office duties.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Tyrone. He loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Tyrone who push our creative limits. When Tyrone isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, he can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. He just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Senior Project Coordinator – Construction, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Coordinate day to day operations of Project Plans from development, implementation, review and completion of each project plan; tracking, reconciling, scheduling, reviewing and budgeting expenditure plans in partnership with Project Manager and maintaining relationships with internal and external business partners
- Research, analyze and compile data providing recommendations to streamline project delivery and provide problem resolution
- Oversee the day-to-day aspects of small construction projects; monitors and coordinates work performed by architectural, engineering and construction firms
- Liaison with other departments regarding various new construction, renovations and maintenance issues
- Communicates in a timely manner, the status of each project to all stakeholders
- Track/monitor contractors to ensure quality standards, that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and provincial and federal codes
- Develop and organize formal project documentation obtaining appropriate authorizations; and ensure all required forms are forwarded to all parties
- Track/monitor construction schedules to ensure assigned projects are on time and within budget; acting as a site liaison for architectural, engineering and construction firms
- Weekly updating of the MOC on project status at department meetings and/or PMP scheduling
- Verify that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and provincial and federal policies and regulations; arranges right course of action in partnership with Project Management Team
- Partner with Project Manager(s) daily, to troubleshoot potential problems and/or delays, resolve disputes between landlords, contractors and consultants; arrange and attend site meetings ensuring project tracking and analysis
- Lead phases of a large project, evaluating the progress of these projects on an ongoing basis and resolving site conditions
- Prepare and present materials/project plans to various internal and external client groups
- Assist in contract management negotiations with external vendors to ensure receipt of the best resources and materials at the best value
- Supports the Construction group in creating purchase orders, processing, coding and tracking invoices and submitting expenses
- Assist in facilitating all project meetings, responsible for the coordination of, booking, monitoring attendance, distributing materials, taking minutes etc.
- Facilitate and assist in ensuring all project start up and close off of administrative tasks are completed
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, Project Management, and/or or equivalent related experience preferred; minimum High School Education/Trade School Graduate
- 2 to 3 years previous work experience in Retail construction, consulting coordination and/or or equivalent education
- Knowledge of and ability to apply architectural/engineering principles to the design of Stores for multiple projects of varying degree of complexity, including knowledge of construction/building systems (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, electrical)
- Strong organizational negotiating skills, interpersonal skills including conflict management; and information gathering including active listening skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and within a team environment and build relationships at all levels of an organization
- Problem solving skills including analysis of information (i.e. building requirements; description of problems; etc.); and providing solutions including cost implications to problems
- Project coordination skills including structured project methodology (i.e. determining needs, researching existing programs, etc.); preparing and maintaining detailed development plans for projects; determining project specifications; understanding and applying principles of project control; and knowledge of and ability to use project reporting systems
- General computer skills including Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Power Point, Basic knowledge of AutoCAD maybe required
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.