Samples Coordinator - Contract
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Mya is a Samples Coordinator in our Merchandise Operations Department. She is responsible for the day-to-day processing of samples from time of receipt at designated samples spaces in Home Office through to the preparation of outgoing and disposed samples. This role works collaboratively with Merchandise Assistants and other partners (Merchant teams, Marketing teams, Workplace Services, Product Development and Charity Teams) to execute the flow of samples to designated locations.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work?
We believe it's having individuals like Mya on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Mya contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Sample Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Assist the Samples Supervisor to execute all processes necessary to ensure the tracking and timely movement of home office samples, from receipt at designated samples spaces to preparation of outgoing samples shipments (to vendor, Marketing, Satellite Buying Offices) and samples for disposition.
- Assists with the processing of buyer samples to include distributing and moving samples to designated sample spaces.
- Assists Merchants and Merchandise Assistants with the movement, organization and set up of samples for Strategies, Style Outs, Visioning meetings and special events, including setting up meeting spaces and delivering fixtures.
- Partners with the Business to pack and ship samples to Marketing's offsite location, and coordinate sample return to Home Office.
- Consistently provide timely and professional communication to Merchandise Assistants, Sample Supervisor, Merchandise Operations Managers, Merchant group (Buyers, DMM and GMM) and other key business partners as required.
- Assist Merchandise Assistants with sorting and moving of samples to the appropriate area for disposal.
- Monitor the samples areas and partners with the Samples Supervisor to ensure compliance with Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Ensures sample areas are kept neat, clean and organized.
- Maintains all sample storage supplies and fixtures.
- Partner with Loss Prevention team, to identify and ensure compliance with any LP processes.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post-Secondary Education
- Professional office experience.
- Flexibility and adaptability working in an ever changing, fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service skills when dealing with internal and external parties, including responding to inquiries efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to develop and build relationships with internal partners and influence others.
- Attention to detail and follow through skills.
- Good organizational skills including time management.
- Self-motivated and independent; ability to work with minimal supervision.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.