Regional Organized Retail Crime Investigator - Edmonton OR Calgary area
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Layla is an Organized Retail Crime Investigator in our Loss Prevention Department. She is responsible for detecting, investigating, reporting and prosecuting (civil and criminal) incidents of external fraud, chronic offenders and Organized Retail Crime. This position is also responsible for strategizing response and action related to changes in the Payment Card Industry related to investigations and shrink control.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work?
We believe it's having individuals like Layla on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Layla contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Organized Retail Crime Investigator, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Detects and apprehends people or persons committing theft and fraud against WMI stores, with specific focus on chronic offenders, offenders involved in organized theft or refund fraud schemes, and facilitates their civil and criminal prosecution.
- Completes the prosecution process by reporting to police, building case reports, attending court and testifying as required.
- Investigates, identifies and reports issues regarding external theft and shrink causing issues affecting WMI stores to the appropriate members of Loss Prevention.
- Monitors trends in the payment card industry and strategizes actions to align with the WMI LP business model and prevent losses.
- Maintains accurate case files and investigation records.
- Develops effective partnerships with other Loss Prevention members, store management and outside agencies including police and courts.
- Concisely and accurately reports findings in a timely manner.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Minimum of two (2) years as a Corporate Fraud Investigator or Internal Investigator (multi-store) or as multi-store Loss Prevention Manager or similar experience related to investigating external fraud and Organized Retail Theft activity.
- Post Secondary Education in a related discipline preferred.
- Possesses a provincial security license is required to be employed in this position (some provinces). As required by law, the applicant must be currently licensed under the applicable provincial statute and regulation prior to commencement of employment. Maintaining that license is also a requirement of employment as long as it is legally required.
- Good experience with Exception Reporting System Software in a retail setting.
- Ability to provide experience and success in Organized Retail Theft investigations.
- Excellent moral character and no criminal or similar convictions for which a pardon was not granted.
- Strong knowledge of retail operations and processes.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Criminal Code related to relevant offences and rulings/decisions.
- Strong Computer Skills are a must.
- Strong Analytical Skills are a must.
- Excellent reporting skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: a TEAM player; friendly, professional and approachable.
- Must possess superior time management skills.
- Training and experience in Interviewing/Interrogation skills preferred.
- Mobile surveillance skills and training an asset.
- Bilingual preferred – English and French.
- Car, valid drivers license with a good driving record.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.