Real Estate Market Manager
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Brayden is a Real Estate Market Manager in our Property Development Department. He is responsible for the Property Development team with analysis that pertains to areas such as future store growth, market prioritization, corporate Real Estate strategy and individual market optimization.
This will be achieved in a variety of ways:
- Work with the Real Estate team to understand business needs and support the site selection and deal making process.
- Proactively develops long term recommendations on developing comprehensive real estate strategy in accordance with the overall company real estate strategy.
- Align GIS requirements with business needs and develop GIS capabilities to perform enhanced data querying to create/produce reports to support business needs.
- Project manages ad-hoc reports and contributes to market optimization initiatives.
- Interface with third party GIS software providers, Systems, Merchandise Planning, Store Operations, Finance and Marketing to streamline and make efficient use of corporate information.
- Analyze, interpret and synthesize data from disparate sources and translate data findings into actionable information.
What is the secret to great leadership? Brayden says it's collaboration. He believes that a team is greater than the sum of its parts. He's built a highly diverse team that ambitiously pursues their goals. And we have a funny feeling we know where they learned such behavior. That's the thing about great leaders. People follow in their footsteps.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Real Estate Market Manager's, we'd ask you to do the following:
Site Selection & Business Analysis – 50%
- Supports Real Estate in submitting potential Real Estate deals for Executive Committee review by creating presentations that include demographic, competitive, cross-shop and cannibalization analysis as well as assisting with financial reports created by the finance group.
- Leads management and maintenance, drives improvement of various Real Estate databases to ensure data integrity, which includes building report functionality within both the GIS and segmentation platforms.
- Maintains and tracks sales transfers due to Real Estate activity, reports these findings to senior management to assist in becoming profit maximizing portfolio managers.
- Works with Finance team in support of financial modelling.
- Leads research and learning in real estate trends to enhance market opportunities.
- Influences and recommends long-term market plans for various geographical areas.
Project Support: 20%
- Provide demographic and market intelligence analysis and present findings to Real Estate Management.
- Due to the number of projects and ad hoc requests, you will have to use your skills in priority management to communicate and manage expectations/requirements.
- Partners and liaises with other teams, Managers and/or AVPs when gathering business needs and communicating results.
- Each project will require different degrees of accuracy, precision and complexity in analysis. You will need to be flexible in your approach to details.
- Evaluate existing GIS system capabilities, identifies gaps, develops and executes project roll out strategies based on analysis and recommendations.
Data & Customer Management – 15%
- Interfaces with Merchandise Planning, Store Operations, Finance and Marketing to streamline and make efficient use of corporate information.
- Analyzes, interprets and synthesizes data from disparate sources and translates data findings into actionable information.
Transaction Support – 15%
- Supports Real Estate Managers in deal-making process.
- Supports lease renewal strategy
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Bachelor's degree in the fields of Geography, Urban planning, Business or other quantitative/Real Estate disciplines.
- 1-2 years of experience in real estate/site selection analysis.
- Knowledge in statistical theory and/or Econometric type analysis would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of GIS systems required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Excel, in particular the analysis features of MS Excel.
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with others will be key due to the complexities in our business problems.
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented, multi-project environment while meeting tight and fixed deadlines.
- Ability to work independently; estimate time required to complete projects; follow up on assignments, and keep appropriate team members up to date and aware of progress.
- Customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires or resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise.
- Enthusiasm to continue learning and enhancing one's skills.
- Investigative seeker, innovative thinker with a passion for quantitative analysis.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.