Project Analyst I - January Coop
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Nico is a Project Analyst I in our Systems Department. He is responsible for implementing project and/or program standards and processes, including process documentation, evaluation and improvements in the Project Management group.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Nico recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Nico. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Nico's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Nico, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Project Analyst I, we'd ask you to do the following:
- This role will primarily support the VP IT in a project to develop and improve project-level reporting for the Canadian Division. There will also be an opportunity to participate as a project analyst supporting discovery projects in maturing business intelligence and digital capabilities in Canada.
- Partner with Project Managers to ensure projects are carried out according to plan inclusive of schedules, project estimates, resources, tasks, deliverables and budget.
- Performs frequent reporting and analysis of actual forecasted results compared to project plan. Determines if allocated funds have been spent as specified. Present findings and provides feedback to Project Managers. Partners with Project Management and IT Finance to ensure objectives are met and to research and resolve discrepancies.
- Partners with Project Managers to develop project management documentation and maintenance of repositories. Update process manuals and other documentation as required.
- Assists Project Managers with timely and effective project communications.
- Produces agendas and takes minutes for project status meetings.
- Escalates and drives resolution of issues and concerns with appropriate personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proactively identifies when projects are tracking off schedule, over/under budget thresholds and/or out of compliance with its requirements and escalates to the Project Manager.
- Makes process improvement recommendations.
- Identifies and escalates or resolves issues as necessary.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- 1 year minimum of relevant Project Analyst experience in multiple projects
- Bachelor's Degree in technology, information systems, business, accounting, finance or equivalent work experience.
- Technical skill levels required: MS Project - advanced; MS Excel-advanced; MS PowerPoint - intermediate; MS Visio - intermediate; MS Word - intermediate
- Keeps up-to date on client specific tools and procedures that impact Project Managers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently with moderately complex data
- Knowledge of Project Management methodology
- Strong analytical skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.