Production Support Allocator- PM Shift
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Andrea is a Production Support Allocator in our Planning and Allocation Department. She is responsible for the timely allocation of merchandise within the context of the weekly shipping strategy.
When Andrea first came on board, she said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored her own. Andrea is genuine, engaging and approachable. She currently holds the top score for her department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say she could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Andrea joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Andrea. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Production Support Allocators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure all department merchandise is allocated to the right stores within Planning and Allocation shipping guidelines.
- Effectively problem solve and communicate issues which impact a four hour turnaround of allocations and escalate problems to Production Support Manager or Supervisor as necessary.
- Liaise with Allocation Analysts and Distribution associates to resolve outstanding issues and develop expertise for allocating specific complex/departments.
- Analyze various business tools to make recommendations and then partner to make effective decisions.
- Prioritize and expedite allocations with efficiency and accuracy to support consistent and timely flow of merchandise to stores.
- Develop technical expertise with distribution applications to achieve optimal allocation standards.
- Establish positive relationships with various business partners including Planning & Allocation, Product Safety & Compliance and Distribution Centers.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Completed or pursuing a post-secondary education or related work experience.
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to identify options and partner to determine optimal course of action.
- Ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data to aid in effective decision making.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible to changing priorities.
- Sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a collaborative team environment.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Excel and merchandise distribution programs.
- Knowledge of retail industry considered an asset.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.