Product Safety/Regulatory Compliance Administrative Assistance
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Jessica is a Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance Assistant Co-op in our Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance Department. She is responsible for providing administrative support services to the Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance department.
This position performs administrative duties of a moderately complex nature, under general supervision.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Jessica. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Jessica who push our creative limits. When Jessica isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance Assistant Co-ops, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure the smooth flow of paper, and maintains files
- Sort mail, including preparing and distributing all outgoing mail
- Work with standard spreadsheets and word processing packages
- Compile data and prepare reports
- May involve handling materials of a confidential and sensitive nature
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Must currently be enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- Administrative skills including duties such as reporting, photocopying, filing, mail distribution, managing equipment (fax machines, printers), etc.
- Strong computer skills in Excel & MS Office
- Complete working knowledge of word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software
- Knowledge of company policies and practices
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal
- Issue management skills including time management (multitasking; prioritizing), attentive to details; problem solving and decision making; ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- High level of customer service when dealing with internal and external parties
- Working effectively with minimal supervision
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.