Product Safety Regulatory Compliance Assistant (4 month Co-op Contract)
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX’s retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Kira is a Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance Assistant in our Finance Department. She is responsible for providing administrative support services to the Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance department. This position performs administrative duties of a moderately complex nature, under general supervision.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Kira recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Kira. She shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. Her unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Kira’s dish for her department potluck has been a game changer. We know Kira, your recipe is a secret! We won’t tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance Assistant, we’d ask you to do the following:
- Ensure the smooth flow of paper, and maintains files.
- Sort mail, including preparing and distributing all outgoing mail.
- Work with standard spreadsheets and word processing packages.
- May compile data and prepare reports.
- May involve handling materials of a confidential and sensitive nature.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let’s hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there’s a good chance this job isn’t for you. But if it does sound right for you, here’s why we know you’ll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Administrative skills including duties such as reporting, photocopying, filing, mail distribution, managing equipment (fax machines, printers), etc.
- Complete working knowledge of word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal.
- Issue management skills including time management (multitasking; prioritizing), attentive to details; problem solving and decision making; ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Working effectively with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of MS Excel
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.