Product Development Specialist - 14m Contract
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Charlene is a Product Development Specialist in our Product Development - Home Department. She is responsible for working with the Product Team on the development and approval of private label apparel or home products. Develops and executes product based upon vision and void directed by the Merchants and Manager to ensure the timely shipment of quality, trend right product. Develops strong customer service and working relationships with Agents, Buyer Vendors and other inter-departmental associates. Travels domestically and overseas as needed. Regularly shops all levels of stores including our own and competitors for fashion, trends, color direction and value.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Charlene. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Charlene who push our creative limits. When Charlene isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Product Development Specialists, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Work with Product Team on the development and approval of private label apparel or home products. Develops and executes product based upon vision and void directed by the Merchants and Manager to ensure the timely shipment of quality, trend right product.
- Ensure styling details and product standards are clearly communicated and understood by Agents/Vendors; facilitates problem resolution in a timely manner.
- Develop strong customer service and working relationships with Agents, Buyer Vendors and other inter-departmental associates.
- Regularly shops all levels of stores including our own and competitors for fashion, trends, color direction and value.
- Develop an understanding of how to create achievable programs and how to add efficiencies while working with the Manager and team.
- Work with technical design and design to ensure that the product styling is consistent with current market trends.
- Work with Managers, Agents and Vendors to develop new techniques and concept samples.
- Review all submissions received from vendors to ensure compliance to required product standards.
- Communicate technically achievable direction to the vendors on how to correct color, strike offs, components, and samples; consults Product Manager or team members for functional guidance as necessary.
- Coordinate, monitor the development process according to time and action deadlines including delivery and production flow
- Monitor WIP reports with Product Development team, Agents, and Vendors to ensure on time delivery for all programs.
- Assist and/or participate on annual and special projects to review and inform product development initiatives
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Minimum post-secondary education in related area/discipline i.e. Fashion, Home Product Design, Merchandising with preferred minimum of 3 years in retail, merchandising or product design experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, Web PDM, Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to read, write, communicate and interpret information accurately; able to developing and building relationships with internal and external partners / team members; customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires or resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise; ability to communicate and interpret conceptual design ideas
- Good project management skills including structured project methodology (i.e. determining needs, researching existing programs, etc.); utilizing multiple sources of information to develop well-structured business recommendations preparing and maintaining detailed development plans for projects; determining project specifications
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to implement and manage details, prioritize, time manage and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under time pressure
- Demonstrated understanding of quality standards relative to product development initiatives; able to identify gaps and opportunities
- Customer focused and a passion for details, organization and processes
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.