Product Development Manager, TJX, Mississauga
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Rasha is a Product Development Manager for Home in our Product Development Department. She is responsible for managing the private label process and to provide guidance and direction to Buyers in order improve the quality of imports, production and close-out merchandise purchased for Home. In this position Rasha is also responsible for establishing technical standards to use when buying or inspecting items purchased and creating guidelines for packaging, product and label standards and establishing quality control measurements.
Fun fact: Developing talent is just as important as attracting it. When we first met Rasha, we could see immense potential. We not only hired her for this role, but for the opportunities we knew she could grow into. Most organizations focus on the here and now. Well, we're not like most organizations. We also have a genuine interest in your future. So go for it, Rasha, we are right there with you!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Product Development Managers we'd ask you to do the following:
- Manages the entire private label process including development and brand management. Provides expertise to merchant team to ensure consistent execution of all Product Development programs.
- Acts as the main contact for internal and external clients. Communicates daily with merchant team, Legal Department, vendors, agents and contractors to set guidelines, establish time and action points, to ensure quality control and standards.
- Ensures vendors understand and comply with labour standards and requirements. Troubleshoots issues with vendors and agents for problem resolution on damaged goods, transportation, ticketing issues, provincial/federal regulations etc.
- Provides education to merchant team and agent/vendors by executing a vision, designing a storyboard and compiling a design package on current or new Product Development initiatives.
- Manages packaging area by working closely with legal department, government agencies, inspection agencies and merchandising to ensure that all products meet Canadian Government packaging and label standards and technical specifications are established.
- Provides product development, label development and quality control standards for Company projects.
- Monitors and ensures the quality of imported, production and closeout merchandise by evaluating and testing samples from targeted 'problem' vendors.
- Ensures pre-production/production samples comply with original specifications and approves or cancels the order in the Buyer's absence.
- Travels to stores and initiates random testing on existing merchandise for quality.
- Troubleshoots problems from vendors/agencies and works with the Buyers to ensure resolution.
- Develops numerous reports and analyses for the Buyers on test results and competitor brands to ensure quality and consistency.
- Shares information and best practices with Marmaxx/TJMAX/TKMAX counterparts in order to keep well informed as well as to minimize total corporate expenses.
- Trend and colour forecasting
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- 7 – 10 years Product Development experience, including 3-5 in a leadership role, overseeing the complete PD cycle, from concept to final product
- Direct partnership with Planning/Merchandising, Buying, Merchandise presentation
- Superior skills and experience working with Adobe Issustrator and Photoshop
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong computer skills including programming languages knowledge.
- Understanding of stocks vs. production.
Superior communication skills including written skills (letters, memos, brochures) and customer service skills (internal communication with all levels of the organization, external communications with media contacts). Issue management skills including time management skills (multitasking; prioritizing); attentive to detail; problem solving and decision making.
Bilingualism would be a strong asset.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.