Product Compliance Analyst
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Product Compliance Analysts, Mason is responsible for the proactive, timely and accurate compliance of all imported merchandise. He is also accountable for the accuracy of our HS product classification and the assignment of tariff treatment.
Staying on top of things is simply second nature to this young, and very creative, go-getter! From finding unique ways to help his department achieve award recognition, to captaining his intramural soccer team to three consecutive championships, Mason is definitely a man with a plan when it comes to successful thinking.
This is Mason's story. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we'll do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Mason, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Product Compliance Analysts, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Partner with other Compliance Specialists as a team member
- Be accountable for the timely and accurate completion of the 3CE work queue
- Support the Admissibility team in timely and accurate completion of customs entries
- Support merchandise flow as it pertains to all imported merchandise
- Liaise with Vendors, Buyers and Merchandise Assistants to obtain product information and certificates of origins
- Liaise with other business partners (i.e., Custom Broker, Freight Forwarder, Agents and Government Agencies) in compliance requests
- Prepare and perform regular updates to the Compliance Supervisor on trends, compliance opportunities and potential risks identified through working with the 3CE application
- Adhere to Custom Border Services, Agents regulations, and Canada Custom regulations
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges: You have the minimum 3 years of experience in Customs and Product Classification
- You understand the overall flow of merchandise from Vendor to Distribution Centre
- You are proficient in computer operations, 3CE system and Microsoft Office
- Your customer-service/support skills allow you to effectively and efficiently respond to Merchant, Vendor and Carrier inquiries; identify stated and unstated customer needs, and build good relationships
- You have the ability to prioritize and work with a multitude of Vendor and Merchandising requests and priorities
- You possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.