Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Terry is one of our Procurement Coordinators. He assists the assigned ROS Mentor to support tender events, transitioning the suppliers and stakeholders to ordering and payment transactions. He's responsible for transactional requirements and ordering of non-merchandise purchases of TJX Canada, focusing on Stores, District and Regional Offices, Distribution Centres, and Home Office.
Terry joined us right after graduating from university. Though he studied supply management, he also learned a lot about project management. He starts every morning the same way: cup of coffee and a clean sheet of paper for his to-do list. He knows how to squeeze the most out of every day and it makes for a fulfilling work life.
This is Terry. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Terry, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Procurement Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create, execute, monitor and evaluate basic and routine events in Oracle Sourcing.
- Participate in internal and supplier training and event support for both RFx and auctions.
- Perform analyses and scoring of supplier responses when applicable.
- Track and report sourcing-related activity.
- Support event transition and implementation from sourcing to procurement phases, along with compliance reporting for our internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders and Operations Management and maintain all catalogs (Vendor & Internal) with timely, accurate data.
- Upload and track completed contracts to electronic repository.
- Coordinate special projects specific to procurement operations maintenance.
- Prioritize work to ensure all purchase orders are processed in a timely manner.
- Adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- Meet deadlines and complete special projects on time.
- Ensure clear communication with Associates in Stores, Distribution Centers, Home Office and Suppliers.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You are a recent graduate or currently studying finance or procurement with studies in supply management or business management; or equivalent work experience.
- You have experience in financial cost analyses and forecasting.
- You have excellent relationship development skills and competency.
- You have basic organizational and project management skills.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to prioritize projects.
- You have a strong command of the computer and analytical skills.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have proven experience in a multi-tasked environment and in project management.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.