Planning Analyst Coop - Jan 2020
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Noura is a Planning Analyst Co-op in our Planning & Allocation Department. She is responsible for supporting an optimal mix at store level through analysis to maximize profitable sales.
When Noura first came on board, she said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored her own. Noura is genuine, engaging and approachable. She currently holds the top score for her department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say she could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Noura joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Noura. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Planning Analyst Co-op's we'd ask you to do the following:
- Identifies, recommends and executes on business opportunities, by analyzing sales and monitoring information that reflects strategy; measures results and provides recommendations
- Tracks and interprets inventory levels to ensure they are achieving plans by monitoring store sales, inventory, inventory to sales ratio and visiting stores
- Creates weekly strategies that will enable allocating products to the right stores at the right time by leveraging business tools to analyze department specific sales trends, inventory optimization, store volumes and demographics
- Collaborates regularly with sister banners and key stakeholders
- Assists with planning and execution of specific store events to optimize shipping strategies; summarizing results to develop recommendations that will inform success of future events
- Visits stores to evaluate and critique inventory levels and product mix for brands, fashion, quality, and price, sharing findings and developing recommendations to implement with business partners
- Completes special projects as needed
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Currently pursuing a College Diploma or University degree.
- Good business analytical skills and the ability to understand and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to aid in effective decision-making.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to implement and manage details, prioritize, time manage and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under time pressure.
- Solid problem-solving skills which include the ability to effectively and efficiently resolve issues
- Demonstrates interpersonal abilities to perform effectively in a collaborative and team-oriented environment, where partnering with others and building strong working relationships are critical
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing needs of the business, and changing priorities
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization
- An interest in working with merchandise (products) and a basic understanding of how key factors - such as brand, fashion, quality, price and impact consumer buying behavior
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office applications - Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.