Merchandise Payable Reporting Analyst
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Caleb is a Merchandise Payable Reporting Analyst in our Finance Department. He is responsible for all reporting and ad-hoc analysis pertaining to AP functions and processing including productivity, monitoring KPIs and assisting in identifying, and implementing process improvements through various analysis.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Caleb. He loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Caleb who push our creative limits. When Caleb isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, He can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. He just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Payable Reporting Analyst, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Prepare reporting of weekly key performance indicators for AP processing, forecasting workflow and resource requirement by running queries and analyzing results, gathering associate's productivity tracking, identifying trends and areas of concern as needed.
- Provide suggestions and recommendation for continuous process improvements based on findings during the preparation and analysis of various reports (i.e. weekly KPI, stock ledger report, ad-hoc reports).
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of AP sub-systems (APWF/AIM and Lawson) to the Stock Ledger and the GL.
- Reviews summary of the weekly Stock Ledger codes and investigates and reports large variances to management.
- Create reasonable and meaningful analytics within the AP area by generating queries, analyzing and reporting results.
- Understand complex business workflows that integrate with various areas and understand upstream and downstream impacts of issues.
- Provide ad-hoc AP related reports to other business areas as requested.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with various areas of AP and participate in special projects, as assigned.
- Other related duties.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post-secondary education in Business related to Accounting or Finance
- Working towards a CPA designation
- Minimum 1 to 2 years' experience in an Accounting/Finance function
- Intermediate understanding of Accounts Payables controls, policies and procedures.
- Intermediate time management skills (ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and complete special projects on time).
- Intermediate problem solving skills (identifying and correcting errors as they occur, paying attention to detail) including analytical and research skills.
- Intermediate organizational skills.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.