Merchandise Payable Invoice Entry Administrator - 1yr Contract
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Eloise is a Merchandise Payable Invoice Entry Administrator in our Finance Department. She is responsible for processing invoices in a timely manner, reviewing and investigating exceptions and ensuring invoices are accurate and meet purchase order terms.
Eloise says she appreciates that we go the extra mile to help our Associates maintain a healthy work/life balance. Funny, it doesn't feel like we're doing anything extra. Maybe that's because we pride ourselves on maintaining a family-like environment, and, well, we wouldn't be a very good family if we didn't care about each other's well-being. It's as simple as that.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Payable Invoice Entry Administrator, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Enters invoices and ensures that they are processed for payment accurately and in a timely manner.
- Verifies all invoice costs and units are correct and vendors are charged back accordingly for discrepancies.
- Identify and problem solve various issues and discrepancies related to invoices and purchase orders.
- Identify and process early payment discounts.
- Responds to department and vendor requests in a timely manner.
- Monitor pending invoices by running a report daily and following up on older invoices to ensure payments are issued on time.
- Follows all existing department processes and controls.
- Identify and provide suggestions for continuous process improvement.
- Other related duties.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post-Secondary Business Education
- General knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Basic knowledge of Excel to generate queries and apply basic v-lookup, filtering and other basic formulas to allow them to review larger data. Computer skills including Data entry, word processing, knowledge of accounting applications (i.e. Lawson).
- Basic analytical skills
- Problem solving skills including identifying and resolving problems, attention to detail.
- Issue management skills including information gathering; customer service; and interpersonal skills including conflict management; time management skills including the ability to prioritize
- Good communication skills including written (composing email messages); and verbal (dealing with vendors, etc.).
- Ability to track multiple types of issues.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.