Merchandise Operations Supervisor - Contract
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Megan is a Merchandise Operation Supervisor in our Merchandise Operations Department. She is responsible for providing leadership and supervision to a team of 9 – 12 MA's with accountability for effective and consistent execution of day-to-day Merchant/Buyer operational tasks.
Megan's greatest leadership trait is her ability to not only embrace the unique talents on her diverse team, but also how she leverages them to drive business success. This makes her a collaborative leader who sets aside time to refresh and recharge those relationships. And she's a wiser leader for it.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Operation Supervisor, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination of workflow, ensuring team operates at the optimum level of effectiveness and efficiency; balance workload to ensure optimum productivity of each Merchandise Assistant (MA).
- Monitors and tracks progress of initiatives to ensure work is completed on time within the quality standards established by the department.
- Ensures all Purchase Orders are placed on the books weekly within agreed upon timeframes; reported on and tracked for inbound flow to our DC's as written for or modified.
- Partners with all levels in Merchant organization, primary contact with DMM's, to ensure day to day operational execution of MA tasks ensuring sufficient coverage for absences.
- Partners with Merchandise Operations management team and Merchant partners to develop and implement new processes and procedures to improve/enhance service delivery.
- Identifies new trends within span of control; anticipates shifts in business needs; to work with peers and manager to proactively adapt operations in support of merchant activities
- Oversee/monitor analysis of operational activities.
- Identifies learning needs and works with peers, manager and Merchant Development to /develop new training and learning opportunities for Associates.
- As part of the Talent Management process, identify Associate potential, represent to other Supervisors and Managers for movement within the function and promotion opportunities..
- Coach and train MA's on daily management of purchase order creation, vendor relations and internal communication with key stakeholders, including follow through of deliveries of inbound flow to receipt in the DC. Develops their capability, business acumen and off-price knowledge to effectively deliver on Merchant Organizations objectives.
- Ensures all Associates have clarity with, and are held accountable to, business objectives and outcomes.
- Ensures timely communication within and between teams and with Partners.
- Ensures Merchants take accountability in what they own in terms of business decisions and vendor relationships.
- As part of the internal hiring process, participate in new hire selection.
- Work with fellow Supervisors and MA's to ensure strong partnerships with TJX and TJXC business partners, to ensure each department receives the appropriate level of business support, leveraging resources within and cross-team to maximum capacity. Flexing to meet business needs.
- In partnership with peers & manager work collaboratively with Imports, Logistics, Accounts Payable and Planning Departments to develop and ensure execution of procedures that maximize efficiencies and accuracy for the writing and modifications of purchase orders and inbound flow.
- Partners with internal Samples team and Marketing team management as required to ensure seamless transactions and transitions of samples to support the needs of TJXC.
- As necessary, represent Merchandise Operations business needs on TJX and TJXC initiatives, including those requiring systems enhancements or the creation of new tools or processes.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post-Secondary education and/or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience, leading teams in an Operations or Customer Service environment or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Merchandise or Buying Operations functions including following-up on delivery, and developing and maintaining excellent relationships with vendors and partners.
- Ability to partner and has working knowledge of how other support departments/functions assist in the achievement of Merchant and Merch Ops goals (e.g. Merchandising, Merchandise Flow, Planning, Logistics, Accounts Payable, Imports, Samples team Expenses Payable, DC operations).
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to listen deeply and to articulate in both verbal and written formats the best course of action.
- Ability to partner and plan effectively with 5-7 DMM's in their business portfolios.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of mainframe applications.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.