Manager In Training (MIT), Winners, Marshalls, HomeSense, Edmonton Region
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
The Manager in Training (MIT) program at TJX Canada is an accelerated readiness training program where new managers learn about our business practices and develop their management and leadership skills. Upon successful completion of the program, our MIT's will be ready to assume full responisbilities as an Assistant Manager at one of our Winners/HomeSense/Marshalls stores.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our MIT's, you would be responsible for the following:
- Develop a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards and continuously monitor the stores actual performance and execution against these standards
- Identify business opportunities by reviewing merchandise presentation, merchandise mix, inventory levels and communicate your recommendations to the Store Manager
- Manage the Door to Floor (D2F) process and other backroom activites
- Provide coaching, training and development to Coordinators and Store Associates, provide specialized training for features, merchandise presentation, proper fixture use, signage standards, discipline lines and floor flexing
- Train and assist Coordinators in completing customer-ready tours for Associates
- Provide training in WorkSmart principles and ensure they are being adhered to
- Manage store visitors using the time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in the backroom or on the sales floor
- In conjunction with the Mangement team, lead and conduct daily huddles
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing amoung all Associates
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've earned your high school diploma
- You have one to three years of related experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- Your core skills include planning, prioritizing, leading large groups, developing people and executing tasks with knowledge and confidence
- You have a high degree of problem-solving skills
We know some of the might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job. If you're ready to take the plunge into your new and exciting career, apply today!
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.