Maintenance Administrator Co-op (Winter 2020)
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Santiago is a Maintenance Administrator Co-op in our Property Development Department. He is responsible for providing support to all stores, including assisting with tracking and coding invoices, monthly maintenance accruals and store supply requisitions into the systems; filing and sorting paperwork, problem solving requisitions and providing clerical support for the department.
When Santiago first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Santiago is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Santiago joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Santiago. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Maintenance Administrator Co-op's, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Process store supply requisitions on a daily basis
- Assist with tracking and coding of invoices and monthly accruals
- Maintain accurate records of store communications, problems, contracts, etc.
- Ensure that all Stores have support when a maintenance issue arises (i.e. following up with vendors regarding. Waste Management and Pest Control issues, etc.)
- Ensure that all services and contracts are implemented according to the contracts specifications
- Assist with coordinating in-store projects to ensure they do not interrupt the daily operations of the store (i.e. strip and wax, Fire protection testing, etc.)
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Minimum of a high school diploma required
- Good administration skills including word processing, processing purchase orders; must have MS Office applications experience
- Good problem solving, analytical and research skills to identify, resolve issues; ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Strong organizational and time management skills including prioritizing tasks time, meeting deadlines, working with short time frames
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and within a team environment and build relationships at all levels of an organization
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.