Loss Prevention Systems Remote Investigator
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Stefano is a Systems Remote Investigator in our Loss Prevention Department. He is responsible for utilizing remote video surveillance and LP investigative systems tools to aid in the identification, prosecution and resolution of incidents of theft, fraud and other losses against TJX Canada.
Fun fact: Developing talent is just as important as attracting it. When we first met Stefano, we could see immense potential. We not only hired him for this role, but for the opportunities we knew he could grow into. Most organizations focus on the here and now. Well, we're not like most organizations. We also have a genuine interest in your future. So go for it, Stefano, we are right there with you!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Loss Prevention Systems Remote Investigator, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Utilize remote video surveillance software to review and validate incidents of suspected theft, fraud, other losses, and other incidents requested by Loss Prevention and relevant business partners.
- Utilize relevant Loss Prevention Systems (Aspect, Refund Authorization System, Exception Reports, etc.) to support in the validation of theft, fraud and other losses.
- Support field LP by providing ad hoc lookup returns from relevant Loss Prevention Systems.
- Report suspected and proven incidents of theft, fraud and other losses to appropriate members of LP for further investigation and resolution.
- Assemble concise and accurate investigation documents, to defined format, content and time standards.
- Maintain accurate records and statistics related to investigations and activity.
- Perform to established productivity standards for the role.
- Support and participate in Home Office Security, Loss Prevention and Health & Safety. This may include emergency management, first aid training, and other initiatives as assigned by management.
- Support the LP Systems Investigations Supervisor with documentation, systems administration, and other tasks as required.
- Ensure proper handling and containment of highly sensitive and confidential information and data.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in retail investigations and experience with Internal Investigations.
- Must have High School Diploma, Post-Secondary Education is preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Security Guard or Security Guard and Private Investigator license in province of work.
- Must demonstrate technical aptitude and willingness to master the use of software investigative and exception reporting tools.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of and ability to use computer software including Microsoft Office, web-based tools, email, etc.
- Must possess strong investigative methodologies and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Criminal Code related to relevant offences and case law.
- Must possess superior time management and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of retail operations and processes.
- Preferably possess a valid driver's license and respectable abstract.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: a team player; friendly, professional and approachable.
- Communication skills (written; verbal; and professional interactions) in English. French would be an asset.
- Must work well under pressure, be a self-starter and work with little or no supervision.
- Must embody the TJX Canada core values.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.