Loss Prevention Store Investigations Supervisor- Central Region
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Eva is a Store Investigations Supervisor in our Loss Prevention Department. She is responsible for maintaining and facilitating the external theft Loss Prevention program, as well as overseeing and managing contract store Investigator use, in-house store Investigators, and training and certification of Store Investigators, while promoting awareness of external theft issues.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Eva. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Eva who push our creative limits. When Eva isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Investigations Supervisor, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Maintain and facilitate the external theft Loss Prevention program.
- Investigate external theft and fraud.
- Manage all aspects of vendor store Investigator companies, including, but not limited to scheduling, invoicing, certification and troubleshooting.
- Oversee and manage all scheduling, allocation of allocated hours, payroll and Time & Attendance.
- Train, develop and assess Store Investigators to achieve the best results possible and develop bench-strength for the Loss Prevention department.
Build and maintain partnerships with other members of Loss Prevention, Store Management, vendors and external agencies.
- Manage store Investigators (vendor and in-house) effectively to produce high productivity and high quality results to reduce and prevent shrink, ensuring that the external theft Loss Prevention program is consistently efficient, productive and ethical.
- Maintain statistical database of apprehensions and external issues and coordinate dissemination of appropriate intelligence to LP and Stores.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- High School Diploma minimum, Law and Security/Loss Prevention Diploma preferred.
- 2 years minimum Loss Prevention Manager/Supervisor (single store) experience.
- A provincial security license is required to be employed in this position (some provinces). As required by law, the applicant must be currently licensed under the applicable provincial statute and regulation prior to commencement of employment. Maintaining that license is also a requirement of employment as long as it is legally required.
- Some statistical ability.
- Strong knowledge of retail concepts.
- Knowledge of Core Values and Business Objectives.
- Strong knowledge of criminal code and its application to retail related issues.
- Proven success in resolving external theft/fraud investigations.
- Working knowledge of internal theft and paper shrink issues.
- Strong reporting ability (verbal reports, memos, case notes, criminal crown briefs, etc.).
- Working knowledgeable in associate care issues.
- Professional, friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving record and access to vehicle.
- Background screening prior to hire.
- Issue management skills including organizational skills; interviewing skills; interpersonal skills including conflict management; and information gathering including active listening skills.
- Analytical skills including listening to arguments or evidence; noting unusual occurrences, documenting alert signals; watching an employee or event to detect a problem; watching to see if a dangerous situation occurs; analyzing mechanized reports for unusual occurrences.
- Computer Skills including word processing; knowledge of spreadsheet creation; knowledge of LP transaction management (i.e. ICL), etc.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.