Loss Prevention Customer Service Agent
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Eva is a Customer Service Agent in our Loss Prevention Department. She provides frontline guidance and support to the Store Investigations team, by promoting awareness of external theft issues and investigation procedures, as well as building and maintaining partnerships with other members of Loss Prevention, Store Management, vendors and external agencies.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Eva. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Eva who push our creative limits. When Eva isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Customer Service Agent, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provides administrative support to the Store Investigations Supervisor/Manager.
- Main liaison between Store Investigations Manager/Supervisor and Store Investigators for major high shrink/ high density districts providing guidance on safeguarding associates, customers and company assets.
- Under the supervision of and in conjunction with the Store Investigations Manager, is responsible for communicating, monitoring and researching LP programs, policies and procedures.
- Detects and apprehends people or persons committing theft and fraud against WMI stores and facilitate their civil and criminal prosecution.
- Maintains investigative files by partnering with ORC investigators on chronic offenders impacting their stores.
- Investigates external theft and fraud; report alert signals indicating possible Internal Dishonesty to DLPM and or Internal Investigators.
- Promotes external theft awareness.
- Coordinates dissemination of appropriate intelligence to LP and stores.
- Liaises with stores to fine-tune store coverage of Store Investigators.
- Assists with training and certification processes for Store Investigators.
- Connects with Store Investigators to ensure that investigation reports are submitted in a timely manner and investigative standards are maintained.
- Builds and maintains partnerships with other members of Loss Prevention, Store Management, vendors and external agencies.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- High School Diploma required, Law and Security/Loss Prevention Diploma preferred.
- 1-2 years Loss Prevention (single store) experience.
- A provincial security license is required to be employed in this position (some provinces). As required by law, the applicant must be currently licensed under the applicable provincial statute and regulation prior to commencement of employment. Maintaining that license is also a requirement of employment as long as it is legally required.
- Must have valid drivers license with a good driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Work with complex time-management issues.
- Some statistical ability.
- Knowledge of Core Values and Business Objectives.
- Proven success in resolving external theft and fraud issues.
- Strong working knowledge of Criminal Code and its application to retail related issues.
- Knowledge of retail concepts.
- Strong written report ability (verbal reports, memos, case notes, criminal crown briefs, etc.)
- Some knowledge of internal theft and paper shrink issues.
- Professional, friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Background screening prior to hire.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.