Logistics Visibility Analyst
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Logistics Visibility Analysts, Vera is responsible for proactive and cost-effective management of global flow for inbound merchandise. With her knowledge of placing purchase orders and managing them through delivery at the Distribution Center, she is a pro at resolving merchandise flow exceptions.
Of course, Vera also loves dessert for breakfast. Claiming that it's more logical to eat sweets in the morning. Then you have all day to burn off the extra calories. Or so she says.
That's what makes her Vera. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Vera, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Logistics Visibility Analysts, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create daily exception reports for all inbound shipments from the Visibility System
- Proactively communicate and act as point person for Merchants, Carriers and Freight Forwarders on shipment status, EDI questions and daily exceptions requiring resolution
- Resolve flow issues for all milestones with defined business rules and report interruptions and resolutions to Inbound Logistics Manager
- Partner with the Import team to ensure a continuous inbound merchandise flow
- Prepare, analyze and communicate monthly performance results for Freight Forwarders, Carriers, Customs Broker, Vendors and Distribution Services
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have a post-secondary degree in a related field with at least four years of supply chain industry experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You are proficient in developing/designing day to day reports and adhoc reporting
- Your computer skills include Visibility system, email, and Microsoft Office
- You have the ability to prioritize and work with a multitude of Vendor and Merchandising requests/priorities
- You possess general knowledge of merchandise flow from Vendor to Distribution Center
- You have strong customer service skills and communicate effectively with Merchants, Vendors and Carriers, identifying stated and unstated customer needs
- You have organization and problem-solving skills and effective interpersonal skills
- You possess strong written- and verbal-communication skills
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.