Logistics Analyst Coop (May - Aug 2020)
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Roberto is a Logistics Analyst Co-Op - International Trade & Compliance in our Logistics Department. He is responsible for daily operational support to enable efficient and cost effective international merchandise flow and support for the co-ordination and analysis of the International Logistics and Trade Compliance Team logistics projects.
When Roberto first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Roberto is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Roberto joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Roberto. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Logistics Analyst Co-Op - International Trade & Compliance we'd ask you to do the following:
- Action daily exception reports for inbound shipments, ensuring flow of shipments and data, escalating disruptions
- Provide analysis and support for International and Trade Compliance team
- Prepare and issue weekly and monthly reports and help to create new reporting, as required
- Support the design, planning and/or execution of Logistics projects
- Administration for team meetings and projects: meeting minutes, scheduling
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges.
- Currently pursuing College Diploma or University Degree
- Proficiency in developing/designing day to day reports and adhoc reporting
- Proficiency in MS Office; high proficiency in Excel
- Ability to prioritize and work with a multitude of requests/priorities
- Customer service/support skills including effectively and efficiently responding to Merchant, Vendor
- Carrier inquiries; identifying stated and unstated Customer needs, building relationships with internal and external partners
- Organization skills including prioritizing which question/issue to resolve
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.